Chapter 1: Dreams Are Made of These

Eden's POV:

Boredom plagued my mind. 'I need something to do.' I thought to myself. So I turn my music on and start singing and dancing to Rihanna's "Dancing in the Dark."

"Underdogs dance in the middle of the night. Can see the night skies in the mirror of your eyes; If you gon' dance, make sure you got the rhythm. Make sure that your heartbeat beats with the rhythm. I wanna run wild in the middle of the night. Right under the moon, bodies glowing in the night. Nothing in between our skins but the rhythm; Make sure that your heartbeat beats with the rhythm

The nighttime is the right time. I wanna dance in the dark. And never stop. We're gonna light up the night. Like shooting stars; Whenever you hear the sound. Don't be alarmed. Oh, oh, oh, dancing in the dark. I wanna dance..."

I started to sing the chorus again, but my 2 older brothers, Aiden and Gabe burst through my doors scaring me half to death. "What good are singing lessons if you're just gonna continue to scream?" Aiden teased.

I threw a pillow at him. "Oh my gosh! When did you guys get here?!!! Why didn't you tell me that you were coming? You know I hate surprises!"

"We've missed you too, baby sis." Gabe embraced me in a hug. Aiden's goofy self, tackled the both of us to the bed.

When our laughter died down I got curious. "So where did you guys travel to this time?" Aiden and Gabe exchanged mischievous looks and then turned to me.

"We..." Gabe began... "...went to Hong Kong!" Aiden butted in.

"No way!!! I've always wanted to go to Hong Kong!" I paused gathering my next batch of questions. "So how was it? What did you do there? Are you planning on going back, if so can you convince mom and Dad to take me with you?"

"Eden, calm down! Breathe! One question at a time please," Gabe exaggerated. I laughed at his hand gestures. And he calls me dramatic. Psh!

"So, spit it out already!" I said impatiently. I knew they were toying with me. Brothers.... Just as they were about to speak our dad, Mr. Giles knocks on my door. "Come in."

"Hey, baby girl! How are you?" Dad quickly exchanges a glance between Aiden and Gabe. It was a look that left me quizzical.

I broke through the awkward silence and weird glances. "I'm great now that these two are home! What's up?"

"Soo Young and Fēi are here as well. They're downstairs in the kitchen with your mother." My dad said as a matter of fact.

My mouth hangs open in disbelief and anger. I shoot a death glare at Aiden and Gabe. "You didn't tell me that my best friends, your wives, also came with you! Why are you guys punishing me? I have to go see them! I've missed them so much!"

"If I didn't know any better I'd say that you liked them more than us." Aiden said as the room grew quiet again. I could see a smile playing on his face.

"Well duh! That's a no brainer! I've practically known them my whole life. Besides, we're women. I feel more comfortable talking to them about woman issues than I would you. Sorry bro. The truth hurts!" Gabe flicked me on my forehead. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"Oh, no reason in particular..." The guys started laughing, and I got my revenge by throwing a pillow at his head. Before he had the chance to retaliate Dad cut in.

"Ok, that's enough you two!" I stuck out my tongue at Gabe, as Aiden snickered at us getting in trouble. "Aiden..." Dad warned. Now it was me and Gabe's turn to laugh. Dad cleared his throat, "As I was saying... Eden I have something to tell you."

"I'm all ears." Anticipation filled my heart.

"The entire family is headed back to Hong Kong in 2 days, and you're coming with us." Dad looked me in my eye with seriousness, but I caught a glimpse of sadness. He quickly tucked it away.

"You're lying! Dad, don't play with my emotions like that! Are you for real?" Dad nodded his head yes. "Pinch me! I must be dreaming." Gabe and Aiden took that as their cue, and they both pinched me really hard. "WHAT THE HECK! I DIDN'T MEAN LITERALLY!" I screamed out in pain. We laughed until tears started coming down our faces.

"Dad, you're the best! I love you guys so much!"

"I love you too, baby girl!" I hugged them, and then ran downstairs into the kitchen to share the good news, even though I'm pretty sure they knew already. As I walked through the swinging doors my eyes landed on my sister Ayanna.

"Ahhh! When did you get here? I've missed you so much! It's been too long. How are you? Are my babies here? What about Taecyeon?"

"Hi, baby sis. I arrived at the same time Gabe and Aiden did. I've missed you too! You've grown so much! Eh you know I'm great! I can't complain. TJ and AJ are with their grandparents in Korea, but Taecyeon is here. He's sleeping right now. You'll see more of him, because we're going with you guys to Hong Kong!" Ayanna smiled, embracing me in a hug.

"Yay!" I yelled. "Can this night get any better?"

As if right on cue Soo Young stood up to make an announcement. "So I would like you all to know that Aiden and I are expecting!" The room erupted in giddy screams and more than excited hugs.

My mom stood up and clapped her hands together. "Another grandbaby for me? I'm so happy! I've waited too long."

I stiffened at her comment and felt all eyes on me. "I'm sorry, Eden. I didn't mean that."

"I'm okay. Don't worry about it." I bottled the pain inside.

"Aww, ma, don't cry." Fēi cooed while rubbing her back.

"These are happy tears! I'm just so proud of the women you four have become. I couldn't have asked for better daughters." Mom said through sniffles.