Chapter 50: Love Light the Way

"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Eden's POV:

Racing through the darkened forest my dress rips on the sharpened branches. Scrapes and cuts color my skin red like paint. Some time during my chase I threw off my heels. My bare feet are exposed to the rough elements of the forest floor, but I keep pressing on. Kids crying in the distance pushes me on with urgency.

"Māmā, jiù wǒ! (Mommy, save me!)" I recognized that voice. Jia...

A voice vibrated off of the trees. "Děng yīxià nǚ yīng! Māmā duì tā de fāngshì! (Hold on baby girl! Mommy's on her way!)" Meiying...

I could feel the panic and fear rushing forward. Like a strong wind her emotions blew me over. Stumbling to my feet I tried my best to avoid the next wave of emotions. Before I had time to sense it it crashed into me and sent me flying into a tree. My energy was depleting fast. I closed my eyes and called upon my inner sage.

Grass blades tickled the soles of my feet as a cool breeze wrapped itself around my body. As I opened my eyes the moon illuminated a beautiful rose garden. How befitting for the occasion. "Eden...."

I frantically looked around for the owner of that voice. No! It couldn't be! "Sooyoung?" She turned around and my eyes widened. "No, no, no, no.... not you!" A dagger that resembled my own pierced her chest.

"Aunty, why?" TJ and AJ said simultaneously. I watched in horror as they walked up by Sooyoung. Blood dripped from the wounds in their chests. Another one of my emerald daggers protruded for all to see.

"Eden, you said you'd protect me..." Jia emerged from the darkness with dirt stains covering her face and dress. Her tear soaked face scrunched up in pain. I ran to her as she dropped to her knees with yet another identical dagger in her chest. I cradled TJ, AJ, Jia and Sooyoung close to my body rocking back and forth. My cries shook the earth.

Snow fell from the sky at a rapid pace raking our 5 bodies with shivers. "I'll keep you safe. I promised... I speak life into you Jia, TJ, AJ, Sooyoung and baby Lily. You 5 shall live and not die! I declare it so in Jesus name!" Placing my hand on them a small light flashed and vanished just as quickly as it came.

"Stay with me... Don't go... I'll fight for you... I'll give my life for you..." I whispered through the sky fall.

"Eden, what have you done?" Aiden grabbed me by my hair and dragged me away. He released his grip on me. His hand went across my face. The slap echoed throughout the forest. It knocked me on my back.

Ayanna tossed Taecyeon a rope. Meiying helped him tie it to a tree. She forcefully put the rope over my head. Taecyeon and Aiden pulled on the rope. I found myself dangling from my feet. But no one came to my aid. "How could you murder my sons? I trusted you with their lives." Taecyeon yelled.

I didn't even try to fight back. "I'd give my life for yours..." I whispered.

The seven deadly sins formed a circle around us, but they kept themselves hidden in darkness. Pride, Covetousness, Lust, Anger, Gluttony, Envy and Sloth invaded our hearts. I wasn't fighting against flesh and blood, but against the rulers and powers of darkness.

They always were cowards. "Stay in the light. Remember that, Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

Jackson appeared and cut the rope that almost stripped me of my air supply. I gasped for air; he became my shoulder to lean on. "I told you that I'll never let you go. I followed you into the garden to tell you that I choose you. My heart and mind were already made up before midnight arrived."

He presses his lips to my forehead. "I love you and only you, Eden." At that moment we become one: our thoughts and desires merge. I feel a slight pain from the breaking of soul ties to Aiden Lee and Andy. My heart only sees Jackson.

"I love you too!" I whisper to him. I glance up to the sky. "Lord God, I surrender all to you! Let thy will be done." A bright light illuminates our surroundings and casts the demons away. "You're not welcomed here, demons! Go now in the victorious name of Jesus Christ."

The demons shriek and descend to Hell, leaving black ash in their wake. "What the? Where am I? How'd I get out here?" Sooyoung says sitting up. She looks around and frowns, "I had the strangest dream." TJ, Jia and AJ groan and hold their heads, like they're trying to stop the world from spinning.

Jackson helps me rise to my feet. Taecyeon, Meiying, Ayanna and Aiden Lee snap out of their trance as well. Aiden runs to Sooyoung; Ayanna and Taecyeon go to their sons, and Meiying and Aiden Lee make their way to Jia.

We all began to head back towards the mansion when Andy and Aiden Lee pull me to the side. "I'm sorry for everything that I've done to you during these past months. The events of tonight opened up my eyes. I'm so grateful to you, Eden! May you please forgive me?" Andy questions with hopeful eyes.

Aiden Lee also speaks up. "I apologize for my behavior as well. It was wrong of me to try and make you choose when we were both already spoken for."

I take in everything and nod my head. I look at both men and smile. "I forgive you both. Now is the time to move forward. You're a part of my family, and I'm just happy that we're all reunited again. I love this feeling."

Jackson waits for me, and I gladly take his hand in mine. He pulls a red rose from behind his back. "I am sorry for not choosing you sooner. I couldn't let go of my past mistakes, and for that you suffered the most. It was never my intention to cause you pain.

After all I've done to you and our family... I didn't think I was worthy of your love. You've been nothing but good to me... you've protected me, supported me and loved me through all of my mess. I'm beyond blessed to have you as my wife. I pray that you'll accept me again."

His hands found their way to my face to wipe the tears away. "Of course I'll accept you. I never gave up on you. I forgive you for it all." I took a deep breath in and exhaled. "Would you please forgive me as well?

I'm not perfect. I could've... should've trusted you and told you about my plans instead of trying to do it all on my own. I'm only one person, and now I have others to think of. Forgive me for being selfish and putting our baby in harms way. I love you so much!"

We embraced each other for a while. "To new beginnings." Jackson whispered.

"To new beginnings, my love..." We shared a kiss under the moonlit night.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU!THANK YOU! THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY FOLLOWERS, DEVOTED READERS, VOTERS AND COMMENTERS!!!

I'VE FINALLY REACH 1K READS AND I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPIER!!! SO FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, I THANK YOU, AND I LOVE YOU!!!

GOD BLESS!!!

P.S. - Just a few more chapters and the story is finished. Ah, such such a bittersweet moment. This is the longest story I've ever written! The story was gonna end like 20 chapters ago, but I thank you for pushing me forward. Enjoy!!!