Chapter 3: Awakening

We arrived in Hong Kong at 12pm on a Monday afternoon. My body was suffering from a serious case of jetlag. Dad noticed that I was dragging behind and told me to go take a nap. Thankfully I had an entire suite to myself. Ah this was the life. Apparently Dad's business partner owned this extravagant hotel and many more just like it. Dad had a meeting with the guy later on tonight, and he wanted us all there.

*insert sarcasm* "Great! I just love talking to new people." I said to myself. I plopped down on the bed and sunk down into a comforter of clouds. Oh I could stay right here in this spot forever. So I'm definitely upgrading my bed to match this one once I get back home. Soon I found myself in dream land.

Dream:

I was back under the same street lamp from before, but this time no one was following me. My eyes landed on him. He was looking at me with... love? No, I don't want this! Wake up! Wake up! Ugh! Why won't you wake up?! "What's your name?" He asked.

His question threw me off guard. "Huh?"

"Your name... What's your name?" His English was great, but I still heard his accent. It was super sexy. I got lost in the masterpiece of his face. "Hello, are you still there?" He waved his hand in my face to get my attention.

I snapped back to reality. "Yeah I'm sorry." Embarrassment was evident on my face. "My name is Eden. What's yours?"

"Jackson. My name is Jackson." He paused and then continued in a harsh tone. "Why have you come back here? You shouldn't be here! It's too dangerous! Leave now!"

"Come back? I've never been here before! And don't talk to me like that!" I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at him. "I don't feel so good." Truth was I lost too much blood. Damn anemia! My surroundings started spinning. The last thing I heard was Jackson's voice before I succumbed to darkness again.

"Eden, are you okay? I have to stop the bleeding.... Damn! Jiānchí xiàqù, OK! (Just hold on, OK?)"

"Jackson? Jackson?" I called out for him, but no one answered.

"Looking for someone, Beautiful?" An all too familiar voice whispered in my ear. Hands snaked around my waist, and I felt like throwing up. He turned me around to face him and my knees went weak.

"Andy? No! It can't be you!" I cowered in fear. A maniacal laugh escaped his lips that made my ears and nose bleed.

Andy wrapped his hands around my neck and leaned closer to my face. I could feel the heat from his breath on my upper lip. "You can run but you can't hide. I'm coming for you, Eden!"

"No!!!" I screamed.

I woke up in a state of fear, panting like I had just run a marathon. A pair of worried eyes was staring back at me. A warm liquid ran down my nose. I didn't need a mirror to know that it was blood. Gabe stood up and rushed to the bathroom to grab some tissue. The tears involuntarily escaped from my eyes. Gabe sighed and handed me the tissue as he embraced me in a hug.

"Shhh it's okay! Everything is going to be okay. It was just a bad dream. You're safe now. I won't let anything happen to you, baby sis. I love you!" Gabe kissed me on the top of my head. Once I calmed down and cleaned up my face Gabe continued, "They're expecting us in 20 minutes. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Stop worrying, bro! Like you said, it was just a bad dream, right?" He nodded his head. "Then I'm okay." I shot him one of my million dollar smiles. "I'll meet you down there. I have to pee."

Gabe grimaced. "T.M.I, Eden. We'll be in room 203. I'll see you in 10." I just laughed on my way to the bathroom. Once I heard the front door shut I slid down the bathroom door and held my head in my hands.