Chapter 30: Lashing Out

Eden's POV:

After 2 days of staying with Andy and Giselle I was ready to run away. I was 2 seconds away from punching her face in if she didn't keep her smart comments to herself. Like Girl bye! I don't want your man. Been there, had that. I moved on and now I'm married and pregnant.

I walked in on Giselle and Andy kissing in the living. Well it looked more like they were trying to see who could stick their tongue down each others throats the farthest. I suddenly had the urge to throw up. I quickly ran to the bathroom and emptied out my innocence. I did not need to see that.

I enter the living room with caution. My hands are shielding my eyes as I call out to them. "Is it safe to come in now?"

Giselle scoffs. "It's not safe for you while I'm here. So why don't you just leave?" I open up my eyes and smirk at her.

"I commend you for your act of bravery, but it's useless with me. The only reason I haven't beaten you beyond recognition is because you're Andy's mate, and I would never hurt him."

She stalked towards me. Ugh! Here we go again! "You'd never hurt him? YOU WERE THE ONE WHO KILLED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!" She yelled at me on the brink of tears. "Do you know how much pain you put me through for 3 months? I lost my mate by your hands. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE SOMEONE YOU LOVE RIPPED FROM UNDER YOU? HUH? DO YOU?"

I felt myself stiffen. Giselle paused and quickly apologized. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for it to go so far."

Holding up my hand I silenced her. "Save it, Giselle! I'm all too familiar with loss and pain. You've only experienced it for 3 months. Try living with it for the rest of your life." I said with tears going down my face. "I can never get that part of me back."

My pain turned into anger as I yelled at Giselle. "AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF I HAD TO WATCH AS MY FAMILY WAS BEING SLAUGHTERED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! No, you haven't even scratched the surface of pain and loss."

Andy wiped at his tear stained face. "Eden, nǐ zài shuō shénme? (What are you talking about?)"

I shook my head no. "Wǒ bùxiǎng zài tíle! (I don't want to talk about it!)"

But he kept going. He looked scared to ask his next questions. "Fāshēngle shénme shì wǒ dí gēgē? Fāshēngle shénme shì Jiékèxùn, Eden? (What happened to my brother? What happened to Jackson, Eden?)"

My lip quivered as I closed my eyes to shut out the visions of my family getting murdered. "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" I whispered while rocking back and forth.

"Eden?" Andy reached out and touched me, and I screamed.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I wailed. "EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES! I CAN'T- I can't do this anymore!" I turned and faced Giselle. "You're right. It's not safe here. I'll be out of your way. Goodbye!"

"Eden, I'm...." Giselle started to say, but I was already out the door. The snow was ankle deep, and I was out here at night, below zero, with barely any clothes on. I didn't make it far before I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~