Chapter 21: Atonement

Eden's POV:

I awake at dawn to watch the sunrise. It may very well be my last chance to see such beauty. I know the risks going into this battle, but I'd gladly sacrifice myself just so others have a chance to live. If Baldassare wants me then I won't go out without a fight. He's strong, and I know that I can't defeat him. But there's already a plan set in motion that even I don't know all the details to.

The outcome of this battle is out of my hands. However it's the aftermath that I fear the most. I just can't seem to shake this bad feeling. So I do the only thing I know how to do: I pray. I pray and I cry out to God. I plead with Him to have mercy on us and spare our lives. I'm filled with peace knowing that my cries have reached His ears.

My energy is drained, so I make my way back to Mark's bed and doze off.

_____________________________________

*Vision*

"Come, My Beloved." Jesus' voice calls unto me.

"Abba Father..." I skip to Him in sheer delight. "It's been a while. How are you?"

His smile reaches His eyes. "I'm always with you, you know." I scratch the back of my head in embarrassment. Jesus places His hand on top of my own. "Do not fear. Take heart. For I have overcome the world, but this battle must happen to fulfill the prophesy."

I look away, but Jesus picks me up and walks me to an oasis. Being in His embrace instantly calms me. "Thank you!" I say burying my head into His chest. "Fear is only from the enemy. Your perfect love casts out fear, and your love for me is perfect." I take a deep breath before continuing. "I've made many sins that I have yet to atone for. I just want to make things right, before the end."

"You will get that chance, Beloved. I promise you! No matter what happens I will protect you." Jesus vows. "You have My word!"

"It's not me I'm worried about, but I'm sure You knew that already." I shrug as a smile forms on my face.

"I'm certain that you've picked up on it. Mark, BamBam, Yugyeom, JB, Youngjae and Junior are also sages. I've awakened them yesterday while they were training with Michael." I notice the pause before He speaks again, and I look up at Him. "Jackson is also a sage. He has yet to be awakened, because he has been enchanted by..."

"Babylon." I finish for Him. Jesus simply nods His head. "You have to be careful and take care of them. I will cover you with the armor of God. Nothing can penetrate my armor."

"Did I kill Babylon last night?"

"You've killed her true form, banishing her to the dry wastelands, but she is in her old human body. And because you've killed her spirit she is very weak. Tomorrow when you meet Jackson you will have to finish Babylon off. She'll be too defenseless to fight back. Kill her by any means possible. Let no man get in your way." Jesus informs me.

"I understand. But...."

"...What of Jackson?" Jesus cuts in. "That's for you to decide. You have others to take care of now. When you need help just ask. You still have family; keep them close." He breathes on me, and His breath of life revives my soul. "Now it's time to go, Eden. You're meeting Mark and the guys today. Also, don't let unforgiveness poison your heart and make you bitter. Forgive Jackson, and then you'll be freed. I love you, My Beloved."

"I love you too, Abba Father..." I felt myself drifting back to sleep.

*End of Vision*

_______________________________________

I turned over and looked at the clock. It read 11:00AM. I dragged myself out of the comfort of Mark's bed. Mama Tuan came into the room. "Good morning, dear! Mark just called me and told me that he and guys will be coming over for lunch, and they're spending the night as well."

"What of Jackson?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't show up.

Mama Tuan shook her head. "He won't be coming. It's a shame too! He and Mark used to be so close."

"Ok, I'll be ready by then. You didn't tell the guys that I'm back, did you? I wanna surprise them." She shook her head again, and I blew out a breath I didn't know that I was holding in. "Yay! Thank you!" I ran into her arms. "Thank you for everything!" I whispered.

"It's been my pleasure." Mama Tuan releases me and walks out if the room. "I'll see you in an hour."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*1 Hour Later:

12 O'clock rolled around. I heard the guys walking into the house. Papa Tuan has agreed to keep the guys in the living room. We wouldn't want Mark walking into the kitchen and finding me standing there. Thankfully the floorboards don't creek.

I was so nervous, and I had no reason to be. Well actually I did. I know Jackson told them about Andy and me kissing. *sigh* I just don't want them to view me negatively. Everything I did, I did for a reason. Mama Tuan calls everyone to the table, but before they pray she informs the guys that she has a surprise. Well that's my cue.

Walking into the dining room my head is held high, but my heart is deflated. The guys' eyes go wide with shock! "Surprise!" I say weakly. Suddenly I'm being pulled into a sea of hugs. They're all talking at once, and I can't answer any of their questions without a new question being asked. Thankfully Papa Tuan gets everyone to sit down. I take my place in between Mark and BamBam.

Once we're all stuffed I get the guys to help Mama Tuan clean up while I slip out the back door. "Gazing at the stars calms me."

"Yeah I remember." Mark whispers taking a seat next to me on the back porch. "I'm sorry!"

Tears are falling from his eyes. "Shhh" I pull him into a hug. "It had to have happened. If I didn't leave when I did then I wouldn't be standing before you today. I'm completely healed, Mark! So there's no need to apologize. You all did the best you could, and I'm grateful.... OK BamBam?"

"How does she do that?" BamBam asked the others, and they just shrugged.

"So, we're sages, huh?" JB approached.

"Yes Sir! That's right." As they all gathered around me I began to tell them everything that happened while I was gone.

"So are we clear on what's to happen tomorrow?" Everyone shakes their heads yes. "Ok, good. So uh... before we go to bed I have a surprise for you all." I stand up and all I hear are gasps. "SURPRISE!" I can't help the joy that flows out of me and onto them.