Chapter 37: Seoul- Family Ties

With no news of Taecyeon and Aiden returning, I travel to my sister Ayanna's house to break the news of their deaths. I left the guys and my newly formed friends back at Junior and Min's place. They know to be ready when I return, because this was a mission I had to do on my own. Truthfully, I'd rather just send Gabriel and Michael to do it, though I'm pretty sure Sooyoung and Ayanna have yet to meet them. No, this is my burden and my burden alone.

Approaching the Victorian home my fist hesitates to make contact with the door. Glass shatters from inside the house, and it sounds like there's a struggle. I open the door, knowing they always leave it open, and rush inside. Following the noise I come to a complete stop in the living room. "Ooow!!! Your mother is going to kill you!" I say to my twin nephews.

"Aunty Eden!!!" TJ and AJ yell simultaneously as they engulf me in hugs. The last time I've seen them was at my wedding 3 months ago. TJ and AJ will be 7 in a few short months. "Where have you been? You missed Christmas and New Years!" TJ pouts. He may be 6, but this boy has learned the art of getting what he wants.

"Do you not love us anymore?" AJ looks down with a frown on his face.

"Come here you two! Aunty Eden has been away on an important mission of saving the world. I fought the bad guys and won!" I exclaim with forced enthusiasm.

"Really? How many bad guys were there?" AJ's eyes lit up. Ok, these kids have been playing far too many video games.

"Thousands, as far as the eye could see." I spread my hands wide to demonstrate.

I hear TJ scoff. "Yeah right, Aunty! We're not little kids. You can't honestly expect us to believe you."

"Boy, if you roll your eyes at me again I'm gonna knock you into next week!" I glare at him, and he quickly straightens up. "Anyways, have I ever lied to you before?" They shake their heads no. "No! Exactly! Besides I have the battle scars to prove it."

Lifting up my shirt, I show them the scar on my waist, where that wretched man-stealing-whore Babylon stabbed me when I wasn't looking. And I showed them my shoulder, where I took an axe to protect Giselle. I should've let her get hit instead, but that would've only messed up my plan. Oh well. There's always next time, if she crosses me again.

"Cool!" TJ and AJ say, tracing their fingers along my scars. "I bet you were pretty badass!" I cover TJ's mouth with my hand.

"You better not let your parents hear you say that!" I warn him. "I won't tell if you don't. But I better not catch you saying that again, or you won't have to worry about your mother, because I'll feed you to the monsters myself." He nods his head looking quite terrified. I remove my hand from his mouth, and he hugs me.

I watch as AJ looks around. He gently taps my shoulder, and I look at him smiling. "Where's Uncle Jackson?" My smile instantly fades. "He promised to teach us fencing." His doe brown eyes stole my breath away. I had to blink away the tears.

"Well, uh, you see... Uncle Jackson... he..." My mind shut off, and I looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I couldn't break his little heart. His eyes already held so much hope, and I didn't want to be the one to shatter it.

Fortunately Ayanna's yelling saved me from answering his question. "TJ AND AJ, WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME? I SWEAR I WILL SHIP YOU OFF TO YOUR GRANDPARENTS HOUSE IN N.Y. JUST SO I CAN GET SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!! YOU BETTER NOT HAD BROKEN MY VASE!!!"

"Oh no! Momzilla is coming. Quick AJ hide!!!" I watch them with amusement as they scramble for a hiding place away from their mother's wrath. Once she rounds the corner and sees me her facial features soften.