Chapter 40: New York

Eden's POV:

The room was quiet, too quiet for my liking. I turned away from their piercing eyes, until my mother's voice drew me back into reality. "Eden, what happened to your face?"

I knew I had to tell them, but I really didn't want to tell them. I didn't want to be here for that reason. It would cause more problems, problems I couldn't afford to add to my overflowing pile. Words were spoken that struck to the core of my being. Physical scars heal, but it's the emotional ones that always leave me on the verge of death, that have me anxious.

"Who had the audacity to attack you, Eden?" My father kept his gaze on me. I wanted justice, retribution even, but I knew that the one held responsible would face a much greater punishment. I wanted that, didn't I? I yearned for revenge for the blood and tears that were shed on my behalf, right? No matter how many times I told myself that I deserved an eye for an eye the more doubt clouded my mind. My parents were waiting. Gabe and Fēi were seething in anger.

"Ayanna did this to me. Sooyoung and her fooled me into thinking that Taecyeon and Aiden never returned home from the aftermath of the war. They lied and guilt tripped me just to teach me a lesson." I wiped at my tears. "The wound in my heart from the betrayal is still as fresh as this wound on my face.

Ayanna took it a step further and attacked me. She knew I was pregnant, and she still attacked me." Gabe stood up and threw his cup at the wall, shattering it instantly. My mom picked up her phone and dialed Ayanna's number.

"I want you all here by tomorrow- end of discussion!" My mom said through clenched teeth. Once she got off the phone with her I proceeded to tell them of my 'adventures.'

"Andy's back, and he has a mate who attacked you as well?" Fēi growled. "I will destroy her!" I had to reel her back in before the dark side claimed her.

"I went out of my way to save Giselle. Her grandfather, Mr. Sanchez, is an evil man who needs to be eliminated." I looked to Fēi. "Though I don't care too much for her, hold off on your assault until I deal with him first. I have a feeling he'll be the one to come to us. He just needs a reason."

"How about we throw a masquerade ball?" My mother asked all too happily, forgetting about her anger only moments ago. "It'll be on Valentine's Day. So that'll give me a month's time to prepare."

"I can only imagine how Jackson's taking all of this." Gabe placed his hand on my knee.

"You see, the thing is...." I held in my unshed tears and took a deep breath. "He is the only one who hasn't returned, and I fear that he won't come back."

Fēi approached me and knelt down in front of me, taking my hand in hers. "Wǒ gǎn kěndìng, tā huì huílái. Tā zhǐshì xūyào shíjiān. Tā huì huílái gěi nǐ. (I'm sure he will return. He just needs time. He'll come back to you.)" She touched my belly. "Tā wéi zhī fèndòu de dōngxī. (He has something to fight for.)" I hugged her as she rubbed my back.

"Wǒ xīwàng nǐ shì duì de, mèimei. (I hope you're right, sister.)" I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day

It's late afternoon when Yaya, Sooyoung, Taecyeon, Aiden, TJ and AJ arrive at the Giles Manor. "Grandpa! Grandma!" The boys run up and jump into my parents awaiting arms.

"Look how big you two have gotten! I've missed you so much! Where's my suga?" My mother coos as the boys plant kisses on her cheek.

"Hey, what about your grandpa?" My dad pouts. I only ever see him act like this when he's around his grandchildren. It's so adorable. I know he would've loved Yifei, and she would've adored her grandpa. As a matter of fact, she would've had Gabe and Aiden wrapped around her little finger too.