Chapter 49: Phantom of my Heart

Michael and Gabriel kept a close watch on me during the exchange, and I'm grateful for their company. Seeing all the couples together sharing a dance forces me to contain the pain that's trying its hardest to break out of my heart.

Aiden Lee meets me by the doorway. I sigh as he rubs my back and dulls the pain as we make our way over to everyone.

After Jackson introduces Meiying and Jia- as his daughter - I step up, ignoring Jackson. Jia stretches out her hands to me. "Eden! Eden!"

"Hey, baby girl!" I take her from Jackson's arms and kiss her. He looks surprised that Jia even knows me. I catch him glaring at Aiden Lee's hand on my back. His fists tighten, and I can sense the anger rolling off of him.

"I've missed you. Did you bring him like Yifei promised?" Jia pouted.

"Give me back my daughter!" Meiying growled. She moved to where I was, but I moved back. My heel got caught on the bottom of my dress, and I started to fall with Jia still in my arms. Jackson and Aiden Lee both reached out to grab me.

Aiden Lee's mask fell off and those around us gasped. It fell silent. The world seemed to stop for that moment.

Both men set me on my feet, and I kissed Jia to let her know that she's safe. "I got you, baby girl. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise." She smiled up at me and hugged me. "Aiden Lee Wang meet your daughter Jia Wang. Jia meet your father Aiden Lee Wang." Jia jumped into her father's arms.

"How is this possible? You were dead... They said you were dead... Yet here you are... and with a child." Yuèmǔ closed the distance between herself and her son and embraced them.

Yuèfù turned to me still in shock. "You knew? You knew this entire time... Why would you withhold the both of them from us?" His tears betrayed his cold words.

I looked at Jackson and then to Meiying. "I was waiting for the right time."

"Daddy!" Jia giggled! "Yifei told me so much about you!" She gave him Eskimo kisses, and I knew she'd have us all wrapped around her little fingers.

"Yifei?" Andy whispered. I turned to him and offered a small smile of peace, but he didn't return it. I sighed in defeat. "I told you that whatever games you were playing to leave me and Giselle out of it. But you just couldn't listen."

Jackson stalked up to me and grabbed my neck passionately, but I knew better. He looked down at me, and I seen the flames within his eyes come to life. "This time you've gone too far, Bǎobèi! That's my brother! You shouldn't have kept him a secret." He added a little bit of pressure and my eyes teared up.

I kissed him and rested my forehead on his. "No husband, I haven't gone far enough." As if on cue Alejandro walked up to me. I broke free of Jackson and turned my attention to Alejandro. "What's the verdict."

"He's dead." Alejandro made eye contact with Giselle, and she ran up to her brother and hugged him. Tears flooded their eyes and she sobbed.

**

I nodded and directed my attention to my family. "Then, I'd like you all to meet the new head of the Sanchez Mafia: Alejandro Sanchez. He has also decided to become our ally, and with Giselle- his sister- and Andy being mates, he is now family. I would appreciate it if you all treated him as such."

All of the men shook Alejandro's hand and congratulated him.

Giselle released her hold on her brother and walked towards me. "You did all of this for me?" I kept silent. "It all makes sense now... you giving me your jacket, you taking an axe in the back for me, you pretending to kill me so that you could take out the Axe Gang..."