Chapter 24: Battle Cry

Anger struck me to the core. I hated her face, and no matter how many times I kill her it still wouldn't be enough to erase the taste of betrayal... I glanced over at a smiling Jackson. I'd happily kill Babylon ten times over just to wipe that smirk from Jackson and Baldassare's face. The nerve of that wench! Who does she think she is? I'll show him! Hell, I'll show them all!

"Confused?" She questioned me. "Don't be! It's really simple, but I'll let Jackson do the explaining." Babylon giggled.

"Shénme shì tā zài shuō shénme? (What is she talking about?)" I turned to Jackson. Pain filled my eyes with each step he took towards Babylon. "JACKSON! YOU BETTER ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW!!!" He kept moving. "Jackson, if you take one more step towards her we are through, and you'll never see me or your baby again, and that's a promise! You won't have my child anywhere near the likes of them!"

Jackson totally ignored me and fell into Babylon's open arms. I seen the look of anger and jealousy on Baldassare's face, even though he quickly masked it. "Eden, you're pregnant?" Mrs. Wang asked me. I could only nod my head, because I was fuming with anger.

"Mark my words Jackson! I will find a way to break this bond between us, and when I do you will never ever lay eyes on me again." I said through clenched teeth.

My heart rate accelerated, and I clutched my chest falling to both of my knees. Mrs. Wang rushed over to me, "Bié jǐnzhāng. Zhǐshì hūxī... (Take it easy. Just breathe...)" She massaged circles in my back calming me down. She signaled to her husband, "Qīn'ài de, shuō gěi nǐ de érzi, yǐqián wǒ zuò yīxiē wǒ huì hòuhuǐ de. (Honey, speak to your son, before I do something I'll regret.)"

Bà walked up to Jackson and punched him in the gut. "Nǐ zěnme gǎn xiūrù nǐ de jiātíng jiù zhèyàng! Zuòchū zhèngquè xuǎnzé, huòzhě nǐ sǐ wǒle. (How dare you shame your family this way! Make it right or you're dead to me.)"

Jackson's eyes widened. He wavered a moment before speaking. "Nǐ zhēn de bù rèn wǒle tā? Duōme kělián de shì? Tā bù zhídé! (You would really disown me over her? How pathetic is that? She's not worth it!)"

"Wǒ méi yǎng nǐ zhèyàng zi! Tīngcóng wǒ de jiànyì shì, háizi. Wǒ bù huíqùle wǒ dehuà. (I DIDN'T RAISE YOU THIS WAY! HEED MY ADVICE, SON. I will not go back on my word.)" Yuèfù yelled before he stalked off and knelt down beside me.

"Wǒmen jiāng bāngzhù nǐ tígāo nǐ de bǎobǎo. Wǒ hěn bàoqiàn wǒ érzi dǎpò nǐ de xīnzàng. Wǒ zhēn de hěn. Wǒmen jiāng jǐn yīqiè lìliàng lái bāngzhù nín hé wǒmen de sūnzi, jíshǐ zhè yìwèizhe yào yǐncáng nǐ cóng wǒmen zìjǐ de érzi. Wǒ xiàng nǐ bǎozhèng! (We will help you raise your baby. I'm sorry about my son breaking your heart. I truly am. We will do everything in our power to help you and our grandchild, even if that means hiding you from our own son. I promise you!)"

Jackson stepped forward, "Děngdài bàba, nǐ bùshì rènzhēn de ba? (Wait Dad, you're not serious are you?)"

Yuèfù (Father-in-law) shook his head, wiping at the fallen tears. "Wǒ qíqiú nǐ bù huì biàn chéng xiàng wǒ de dìdì ān dí, dàn kěnéng xìng shì duì wǒ yǒulì. Nǐ bù zài shì wǒ de érzi! (I had prayed that you wouldn't turn out like my brother Andy, but the odds were in my favor. You are no longer my son!)"

I stood up and turned to my in-laws. "Yuèfù, Yuèmǔ... Duìbùqǐ! (Father-in-law, Mother-in-law... I'm sorry!)" I cried as they gathered me in their embrace.

"Awww how sweet! Nà shì shénme gǎnjué yào zhīdào, wǒ yǐjīng chénggōng dì cǎiqǔle nǐ de zhàngfū jiù zài nǐ de bízi, shènzhì zài miàn duì sǐwáng de shíhòu, tā háishì xuǎnzéle wǒ? (How does it feel to know that I've successfully taken your husband from right under your nose, and even in the face of death he still chooses me?)" Babylon laughed.