Chapter 15: Oblivion

Recap:

Andy lunges for me, and I take his broken right arm, crossing it to the left side of his body. I thrust my right hand, palm up towards Andy, inserting the scepter straight into his heart. At the last moment I rotate my palm down and twist the scepter. Cain let's out an ear shattering scream. Everyone stops fighting and looks in my direction, and then everything goes black.

Present:

I found myself being sucked into Oblivion. It was damp, cold and dark. As I moved forward snow started to fall. This realm reminded me of the dark side of the moon. It was eerily quiet once again, not a sound could be heard but the snow crunching underneath my feet. I keep pushing forward in the dark. The longer I stayed in Oblivion the more my sanity was beginning to slip. The torture would become permanent if I didn't find a way out soon.

Up ahead I noticed a figure. As I got closer I gasped in shock, horror, and love. Andy stood with his back to me. "Andy? Nà shì nǐ ma? (Is that you?)"

His body suddenly stiffened at my intruding voice. Andy slowly turned to face me. He hesitantly reached out his hand and touched my face. I resisted the urge to coil back in fear. No, this is the real Andy; the man I fell in love with all of those years ago. His breath is fanning my face. My lip trembled slightly at the sight of him.

Oh how I've missed him. "Wǒ yǐjīng cuòguòle nǐ. (I've missed you.)" My voice above a whisper, whimpered once Andy retracted his hand. "Andy?"

He spoke with such conviction, I couldn't help but listen. "Nǐ wèishéme lái zhèlǐ? (Why have you come here?)"

I gulped knowing he wouldn't like my answer. "To save you... I've come to save you." Andy turned around so quickly the force nearly knocked me over.

Tears invaded the crevices of his eyes. He took a step back and fell to his knees. "Nǐ bùnéng jiù wǒ. Wǒ de xíngwéi kě chùyǐ sǐxíng. Wǒ rǔmò nǐ hé wǒ de jiārén. Wǒ gāisǐ de shìqíng, wǒ yǐjīng zuò dàole. (You can't save me. My actions are punishable by death. I've dishonored you and my family. I deserve to die for the things I've done.)"

My heart broke at the sight of Andy crying. I cautiously stepped forward, lifting his chin up so our eyes met. "Nǐ yīdìng bù zhīdào wǒ de shàngdì. Nǐ gēn tā de zuì bèi shèmiǎn, nǐ jiù huì huòdé yǒngshēng. Nǐ chéngwéi shú huí hé xīn de chuàngzào. Guòqù cāshì gānjìng. Nándào nǐ bù xīwàng chūxiàn zhè zhǒng qíngkuàng? (You must not know my God. With Him your sins are forgiven and you'll receive eternal life. You become redeemed and a new creation. The past is wiped clean. Don't you want that?)"

Uncertainty crossed his features. "Wǒ...... Wǒ...... Wǒ bù zhīdào. Wǒ huì zhēn de duìxiàn? (I... I... I don't know. Will I really be redeemed?)"

I clasped my hands together knowing that Andy was taking my words into consideration. If there was one thing I knew, it was that stubbornness runs in the family. "Shì de! Nǐ huì bèi chuándì, bìng shèzhì miǎnfèi de. Shàngdì ài nǐ. Méiyǒu nǐ zhèyàng zuò kěyǐ dāndú cóng tā de ài. Tā wútiáojiàn de ài bùshì jīyú wǒmen zuò shénme, dàn tā shì shuí. (Yes! And you'll be delivered and set free. God loves you. Nothing you have done can separate you from His love. His unconditional love isn't based on what we do, but who He is.)"

"Wǒ yīnggāi zěnme bàn? (What should I do?)" Andy asked.

I contained my excitement, and took Andy's hands in my own lifting him up on his two feet. Wiping his tears, I first told him that he needs to forgive himself. "Nàme shǒuxiān, nǐ xūyào yuánliàng zìjǐ. Shì de yuányīn shì shàngdì bùnéng yuánliàng nǐ de zuì, zhídào nǐ yuánliàng biérén duì zìjǐ de fànzuì xíngwéi lái duìfù nǐ. Érqiě wǒ zhīdào, nǐ shì qiǎnzé zìjǐ de yīqiè, wǒmen zhī jiān zhēngfā de shìshí. (Well first, you need to forgive yourself. The reason being is God cannot forgive you of your sins until you forgive others of their offenses against you. And I know for a fact that you are condemning yourself for everything that transpired between us.)"