Chapter 35: Safe & Sound

Recap:

"It's like you said, 'Our love died on the battlefield." I looked at him with rage. "You should've fought harder Andy, because now I'm back with a vengeance." With that I took the safety off and pulled the trigger. I shot Giselle right in the heart. She screamed and fell to the floor. Andy watched in horror as blood poured from Giselle's dead body.

I turned my attention towards Wang Ya Qiao. "A deals a deal. Give me my parents." He nodded and pressed a button. Two large men dragged in an badly beaten Mr. & Mrs. Wang. "You bastard!" I was filled with rage at the sight of them. "Michael, Gabriel... take Andy and my parents to the car."

Andy fought tooth and nail to stay. "NOOOO! I'M NOT LEAVING GISELLE!" Michael knocked him out and carried him to the car. Gabriel followed suit with my parents in his arms.

Wang Ya Qiao spoke up once the room was emptied. "You impressed me, Eden. I didn't think you had it in you."

I smirked at his assumptions. "That's because you don't know me at all."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Michael and Gabriel came back within seconds. Without speaking a word to them they kill the remaining Ax members who brought my parents out. "We had a deal!" Wang Ya Qiao says scared out of his mind.

I stalked closer to him and pistol whipped him. He fell on the floor, clutching his now bruised face. "What you and Mr. Sanchez didn't anticipate was me. My loyalties will always be to my family. You threatened them, harmed them even, and now it's time for you to be eliminated." I shot him point blank in the head.

Gabriel picked up Giselle's body, and I drove us all to the family doctor.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

After the doctor stitches me up, I go and check on Andy. He's still unconscious, so I sit on the bed. I take this time to photograph his peaceful face in my memory. "I'm sorry you had to experience that. I... I didn't mean any of those words I said. It had to be done in order to carry out my mission." I sighed. My hands found their way into Andy's hair. "I just wish you would've stayed back home. I was trying to protect you and Giselle. She was never supposed to die. I gave you my word."

Andy smiles in his sleep. I bent down to kiss his cheek. "This is goodbye, old friend."

I quickly leave his room seeing as there was no point in languishing in the inevitable. The place is quiet. It gives me time to think, to breathe, to round up my sanity. The 3rd door to the right was my next destination.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

I sit down on the bed and wait. Giselle suddenly wakes up scared. "Don't worry. I'm not here to hurt you. I never planned on killing you. I told you that I would never do that to Andy."

"How am I still alive?" She asked confused.

"The jacket that I gave you as a peace offering was bulletproof. I put wires in it. So when I shot you I made sure to hit the activation switch by your heart, which caused an electric current to shock you. It temporarily stopped your heart, so it would convince everyone that you really did die.

Well technically you did." I chuckled. "But I also put a fake blood pouch in where the pocket was, also located by your heart; for visual effects of course. A timer was set to go off once 30 minutes passed to shock you back to life."

"How did you know about my dealings with the Axe Gang?" Giselle looked away in shame.

"I wasn't kidding when I said I did my research on you. Once I found what I was looking for Wang Ya Qiao called me and told me that he captured my parents. He struck up a deal and I accepted. I killed two birds with one stone."

"What about him? Is he?" Giselle gulped in fear.

"You have nothing to worry about." I took her hand in mine. "I killed him myself. But I must warn you... I will go after your grandfather, and I will put a bullet in his head."

"Why are you doing this for me?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

I shrugged. "I'm not. I'm doing this for Andy. He's finally found happiness, and I was being honest when I told you that I will remove anything or anyone who tries to get in the way of his happiness; even if that includes me, which is why I'm leaving." She looked at me and nodded. "You shouldn't have to worry about me taking your place. I would never do that to myself, Andy or Jackson."

"What ever happened to him? Jackson, I mean?" I looked away and held in my tears. Giselle squeezed my hand for comfort.

"He uh..." I cleared my throat. "He was murdered right in front of me a month ago. It devastated me. I'm pregnant, and I couldn't save him. I couldn't save Andy either. Which is why I saved you. I saved you, because it was the right thing to do, and because you are family. Family comes second."

I could see the thoughts racing through her head trying to come up with a meaning to my words. "God comes first and then family comes second. It's a necessity to keep Him first. He's my source of life. Without Him I'm nothing." That earned me a smile from Giselle. "I am truly sorry if you've felt threatened by me. I really did want to work things out between us."

A knock at the door ended our conversation. "Take good care of him. He's been through enough." Andy walked in, and I stood up to leave.

We made eye contact, and I nodded at him. Andy grabbed my wrist and stopped me. I didn't turn around to meet his gaze. I couldn't. He was already cutting me from the broken shards of his heart. This was hard enough on me as it was. "Wǒ tǎoyàn nǐ! (I hate you!)" He spat. I removed his hand from my wrist and walked out of the room. Once the door closed I leaned on it for support and let out a breath of air.

Tears built up in my eyes, and I let them fall. Someone came and wrapped their arms around my waist. "I'm so proud of you, mommy!" I immediately looked down into those eyes I've only dreamt about, eyes that have seen me inside and out.

"Yifei?" I slid down the wall crying my eyes out. Nurses were giving me strange looks like I was insane. I wrapped my arms around her little body and pulled her in for a bear hug. I sobbed like it was nobody's business. She came to me in the form of a 4 year old. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I'm so sorry for everything. I love you so much! I wish you could've stayed with me. I miss you terribly."

Her tiny hands stroked my hair. "It's okay, mommy! I'm happy where I am. I'm always watching over you and my baby brother." Yifei placed her hands on my belly and smiled. "He's going to be really special, mommy!"

I removed the hair from out of her view. "How did I get so blessed to have such an amazing daughter?" Yifei giggled in response.

"Oh, Mr. Jackson is really nice. I'm glad to have met him. He keeps me company when Gabriel and Michael are busy." Yifei glanced up towards the ceiling. "I should get going. My favorite angels should be back by now." I chuckled at her personality. She definitely gets it from her momma.

"Could you pass along a message for me, sweetheart?" Yifei nodded. "Could you tell Jackson that I'm sorry, and that I love him. Forever and always."

"He talks about you a lot. I think he loves you more than me. And that's a lot, mommy." Yifei beamed. She kissed my cheek and ascended. "Oh, don't worry about Daddy. He'll forgive you." I nodded and watched as my heart left me again. "I love you, mommy!" I heard her little voice say before reality dragged me back into its grips.

"I love you too, Yifei. Forever and always." I whispered as more tears fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♤Song: Mariah Carey- Languishing

♡Picture of Yifei. Isn't that little girl so freaking adorable???!!!