Chapter 20: Show Me A Way

Mark's POV:

It's been 30 freaking days!!!! 30 days and there's still no sign of Eden. I'm slowly losing my mind. The guilt is eating at my heart, and I'm dying from the inside out. I can't sleep or eat, and when I do I just end up throwing it back up or waking up from nightmares about Eden dying and it being my entire fault. It's too much, and I'm constantly stressing.

Jackson says he doesn't blame me, but I can see the distrust in his eyes when he looks at me. Key word: when. Jackson looking in my direction is scarce nowadays.

The Archangel Michael has been training us nonstop. I think I've lost feeling in my body, but I'd risk my life if it brought Eden back. I know I've met the Archangel before.

I shouldn't have left her alone in that room. Jackson trusted me. Eden trusted me, and now her blood is on my hands. I haven't seen or talked to my family in 2 weeks. I've been neglecting myself, and it's affecting everyone else. Maybe I'll go see them today...

BamBam's POV:

Everything is falling apart. Eden has been M.I.A for a month, the Blood Moon is 3 days away, the Archangel has been killing... I mean training us since Eden's disappearance and all of our friendships are hanging on by a thread. I can't even look at water the same. The beach used to be my favorite place to visit, but since my near death experience of almost drowning in that room I won't go near it.

There's guilt and shame always at the front of my mind. I refuse to make eye contact with Jackson or Eden's family. They probably hate me for not watching over Eden like I was supposed to. I didn't know that she would disappear. Had I known that fact Mark and I would've never left her side.

The fear and the nightmares keep me up at night. I'm sure I look like crap right now. I'd give my life just to have Eden back. I know she wouldn't want that though. Though it's been a little bit of time that I've known her we've grown close. My world is lacking because she's gone.

Gabe's POV:

Eden... My baby sister... I've already lost her once, and I'll be dammed if I let it happen again. Her friends, her husband - they're all moping around in her absence. I don't know all of the details of what happened after we left the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, but by their behavior I can tell it wasn't good.

If I find out that Eden was in danger I won't think twice about avenging her. I'd give my life for her. Eden has suffered so much. She deserves better. I wish she didn't have to play the cards she's been dealt, but knowing my sister, she's a stubborn one. She'd put her life on the line if it meant saving everyone else.

My wife, Fēi is having a hard time. She and Eden are the best of friends, so for Eden to just up and disappear is having a bad effect on Fēi.

You never realize the effect someone has on you until they're no longer there. So for Eden, I'll be the strength that this family needs to survive. If we fail now then her disappearance would've been in vain. I won't fail you a second time, sis. I have your back. Just get better and hurry back.

Aiden's POV:

It's been silent since Eden has been gone. Hell, even I'm at a loss for words, and that rarely happens. I'm worrying constantly, especially since my wife Sooyoung is 5 months pregnant. I had to keep Eden's sudden disappearance from her, just so she wouldn't stress. Man, I hate withholding information from her. But if it's going to protect her and my daughter's life then so be it.

Yes, I'm having a daughter. Initially I didn't want to find out until Sooyoung gave birth, but our mothers can be so persistent. I didn't even get a chance to tell Eden yet. I know she would've been ecstatic.