Chapter 6: Love Is On Mind

My 25th birthday is tomorrow. I simply wanted a small get together, but both parents wanted to go all out, so I'm having a big birthday bash. And everyone who's anyone will be there. You only turn 25 once, right?

My wedding date is set for November 7th, 2015, and I'm really nervous. This all happened so fast. I haven't had a chance to catch my breath and let it all sink in. Anyway, my theme is gold. "When you go through the fire you'll come out as pure as gold." God's voice rang through my spirit. A smiled formed on my lips.

After I kicked everyone out of my room I went to sleep. I left the planning to my parents. So if tomorrow was going to be as big as they said it would I needed as much sleep as I could to keep up with everyone.

The Next Day:

I sense someone leaning over me. Someone's breath is positioned right across from my lips. It's skin on skin contact as lips crush into mine. I try to open my eyes, but they are glued shut. My voice is caught in my lungs, prohibiting me to scream. "Soon, my love, we shall be reunited again, and this time you won't escape me!"

I shoot right up drenched in sweat.

"Good morning, Mèimei! Are you ready to get this party started?" Amber shouts gleefully.

"Amber, it's early in the morning. Why are you yelling?" I complain.

"Ummm Eden, it's 3 in the afternoon! Your party starts in 5 hours." Amber says looking amused.

"3pm? Ugh! Why didn't anyone wake me up? We have a lot to do before the party starts. What time are the pictures being taken again?" I formulate a plan in my mind.

"5. So you better hurry and get your butt up! Time's a wasting!" She says in a fake country accent. I giggle at her enthusiasm, though I feel anything but. "Hey, you okay?" She stands in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just..." I take a glance around the room to make sure no one was in ear shot. "I dreamt about Andy... except this time it felt like he was actually here... in my room. He kissed me, Amber! What the hell! How do I explain this to Jackson or our parents?"

Amber's eyes widen. "Wait, you mean he was here like in the flesh?"

"Yeah, right before you came in. I have a really bad feeling about this." I sigh.

"Don't worry, Mèimei! I'm sure it's nothing. And if you still feel concerned I'll talk to our parents and tell them to increase the security." Before I could get a word out she hugs me. "Even though we've only known each other for a couple of months, I just want you to know that I love you, and I will do anything for you!"

"I love you too! I'm so blessed to inherit another fun, loving, amazing and selfless sister as yourself. I just wish Jackson could be more like you!" I teased. We both start laughing.

Afterwards, I got into the shower and all of the women came back to help me dress. Ayanna, Soo Young, Fēi, Mrs. Wang, my mother and Amber were all bustling about my room. I didn't even have to lift a finger. Once we were all dressed in our elegant red attire we left to go take pictures.

As the photographer was finishing up he nodded his head at Jackson. Everyone had smiles on their faces. I was confused as hell. We were supposed to be heading to the venue, but no one was moving, except Jackson. He came to the front and knelt down before me on one knee. My hand went over my mouth once I realized what he was doing.

"Eden, I know we've just met not too long ago, but I am madly in love with you. Before this I was very rebellious and stubborn... well I'm still stubborn." That got a laugh out of everyone. "But I knew the moment I met you that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you by my side. So Eden Giselle Giles would you marry me?"