Chapter 38: Insane

I swung my feet until they were hanging over the side of the bed. My body lay still on the bed trying to rid my mind of the memories of him. Why must you hunt me now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLASHBACK

"I'm sorry..." I whispered once he got in the driver's seat. I watched as everyone, but our friends, drove off. They knew Jackson was unstable at the moment.

"For what? Huh? For lying to me? You told me that you didn't love him. I guess I was the fool for trusting you! I can't compete with your past, Eden! You better choose right now! Who will it be? Me or Andy? Our future or your past?" Jackson fumed.

"Jackson, I didn't lie to you. I love Andy, but I'm not in love with him anymore. I'm in love with you. I choose you!" I cried.

"Did you kiss him?" His question caught me off guard. When I hesitated Jackson opened the car door and got out. I followed suit, limping my way to him.

I grabbed him by his arm and spun him around to face me. "Jackson, stop! Please don't do this! Please don't leave me... I need you."

He roughly jerked his arm back, making me lose my balance and fall to the ground. Mark, JB, Junior, Yugyeom, BamBam and Youngjae came rushing over to my aid. "Stay the hell away from me, Eden! I can't even look at you! You disgust me!"

JB spoke, "Mark, BamBam take Eden back to the hotel. We'll take Jackson to cool off." Jackson stormed off and punched a brick wall. His fist was bloodied and no doubt broken.

"Jackson, stop!" I pleaded with him. If looks could kill I'd be dead. He glanced over at me and stormed my way. I quickly got up and backed away from my enraged husband. His hand went to my throat, and he squeezed. My eyes widened in horror. The guys pulled him off me, and I sunk back to the ground, wheezing.

"GET HER OUT OF HERE NOW!" JB yelled. Mark picked me up and sat me on his lap in the back seat as BamBam jumped in the driver's seat. We rode off into the setting sun.

END OF FLASHBACK

~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kept my eyes shut as I felt the bed dip on the right side. Electricity and heat flowed through me as arms snaked around my waist. "Duìbùqǐ... (I'm sorry...)" I whispered.

Zhè yīnggāi shì wǒ dàoqiàn nǐ, gōngzhǔ. (It should be me apologizing to you, Princess.)" Jackson said, placing a ghost kiss on my forehead.

"Stay with me." I rested up on my elbow to trace my fingers along his jawline.

He sighed and rested his back on the headboard of our bed. "You know that I can't do that, gōngzhǔ (princess)."

I sat up and straddled him. "Stop! Just stop lying to me, Jackson!" His eyes avoided my own. "You and I both know that you could've returned long ago. Nàme shì shénme zǔzhǐ nǐ? (So what's stopping you?)"

Silence engulfed the room like a flame. "Talk to me, babe! I hate being alone..." A minute passed, and Jackson still refused to speak. I let my tears water his bare chest. With no movement on his part I got up and walked to the door.

Jackson pulled me into his chest. "I can't bear the heartache of watching you leave me again."

"Then do us both a favor and come back." I said looking at the ground. Fingers cupped my chin and lifted my head up. He started to say something, but then he closed his mouth. I sighed in defeat. "Then we have nothing further to talk about."