Chapter 47: New Jersey

"Aiden, it's me." I walk straight into his apartment and sit on his back. "Get up!!!" He refused to move. "I know you're not sleeping!" Nothing... So I did the only thing I knew would wake him up. "TICKLE PARTY!!"

My body moved up, down, left and right as Aiden thrashed around from my assault on his body. "Hajima!!! (Stop!!!)" He laughed out gasping for air.

"Muahahahahaha!!! Victory is my mine!!" I laughed; he glared at me, but his eyes softened at my appearance. He stood up and took me with me.

Hands touched my belly and I felt those familiar sparks that he inflicted upon me every time our skins touched. Even though the sparks were dull it was evident that they were making their presence known. Aiden never said anything about it, but his eyes spoke volumes. He was just as confused as I was.

Maybe I feel so connected to him, because his brother hasn't accepted me yet. But then what does that mean for Aiden and me? For someone who has the answers most of the time this is driving me insane. "What are you having?" Aiden's voice rang out and shattered me from my thoughts.

"A boy!" The smile on my face reached my eyes, but I couldn't ignore the sadness in my heart.

"That's great, but why are you sad?" Aiden furrowed his eyebrows.

I smoothed out the lines on his forehead and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm happy!"

There wasn't anymore room in my heart for my emotions. They were now overflowing and invading the hearts of those around me. Action needed to be taken immediately, or we'd all be overrun and defeated.

"Have you forgotten that we can feel each other's feelings?" It was my turn to furrow my brows. I closed my eyes as Aiden mimicked my previous actions. I sighed as he placed his forehead on mine. My heart became conflicted when his lips kissed my forehead. It felt right.

"What's bothering you, Eden?"

Walking out of his hold I wrapped my arms around myself. I thought about leaving. I wanted to walk out of that door as much as I wanted to walk back into Aiden's embrace. "You have to come back with me."

As his hand made contact with my waist I shuddered. Burying his face in the crook of my neck I didn't dare move a muscle. "Or you could stay here with me..."

"It's Meiying..." I whispered. Aiden tensed and created space between us. The cold washed over my soul. "...She's somehow managed to convince Jackson that Jia is his daughter." I turned to face him and smiled a little. "It's crazy how much she looks like you..."

I unconsciously rubbed my belly. Yifei...

"STOP!" I jumped in fright as Aiden banged his hand on the counter. "DON'T YOU DARE BLAME YOURSELF!" He softened his voice. "You did the best you could to protect her."

Aiden hugged me and I shrugged him off. "YEAH? LOOK WHERE MY BEST EFFORTS GOT ME! MY HUSBAND DOESN'T LOVE ME, I'M PREGNANT WITH HIS CHILD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! EVERYONE THINKS YOU'RE DEAD! ANDY AND HIS MATE HATE MY GUTS... And I'm just trying to protect everyone."

He reached out his hand to me. "Stay." In an instant his lips captured mine in a tug of war. The heat traveled through our bodies at the speed of light. "I need you."

I tore away from him and touched my trembling lips. Inhaling the lust filled atmosphere I coughed on my own betrayal. What am I doing? The emptiness almost consumed me, but Aiden pulled me out. I let him hug my broken pieces back together.

I didn't fight him this time. We both needed this. Healing... Closure... Peace... Answers... Decisions needed to be made, but I would allow Aiden to catch me before I hit the ground, even if it was just for this moment.

**

"Do you have everything?" I asked closing the zipper on Aiden's suitcase. I finally persuaded him to come back with me, but he wouldn't make himself known until the Masquerade Ball in 2 days. He is to accompany me as my date. This should be interesting.

"Yeah." Aiden called out stepping from the bathroom in only a towel. I licked my lips as my eyes traveled up and down his sculpted body. "Like what you see?" I tore my eyes away and cleared my throat.

"I'll be downstairs waiting for you." I reached for the doorknob only for Aiden's touch to cause my legs to turn to puddy.

His plea stopped me dead in my tracks. He was baring his soul to me: vulnerable. "Don't go! Stay for a little while longer."

"We can't do this. I... you're not mine... Meiying-"

"WHAT ABOUT HER, HUH?" Aiden grabbed me and pulled me into his chest. "Does he kiss you like me?" His lips crashed onto mine with such hunger I thought I'd never know how it feels to starve again. "Does he touch you like me?" His hands caressed my body with such intensity, it ignited a fire within my bones. "Does he love you like I love you?"

Those brown orbs looked into my own and unlocked my soul. "No," I whimpered. "No..."

"Then why won't you give us a chance?" Aiden ran his fingers through his hair. "I'll treat your son as if he were my own. I'll never stop treating you like the queen you are."

The tears built up in my eyes, and I close my eyes shut as he placed his hand on my cheek. Exhaling, I opened up my eyes and left his touch. "We're both married to other people." I opened the door and stopped on the threshold. "We leave in ten minutes."

I closed the door and walked down the hall. Once I was a good ways away I let the tears flow. I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my cries and slid down the wall. "Forgive me, Jesus for cheating! I've never been so confused before. Please, I ask for clarity."

"We'll get through this. Just hold on a little while longer. Can you do that for me?" He appeared in front of me.

"Michael, this is so hard!" He pulled me up to my feet and pulled me close. We slow danced to the silence, and I felt at peace.

"Thank you!" I whispered. He nodded and kissed my forehead. Aiden cleared his throat; Michael and I looked his way, and I was thankful he had clothes on. He held my gaze, and I looked away.

"Ready?" Michael extending his hand towards Aiden. Once we were all holding onto Michael we transported back to New York.