Chapter 27: Reverse

"Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" [1 Corinthians 15:54-55]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eden's POV:

My eyes shot open as I breathed in the unfamiliar scent. My ears started to ring. Silence, why must you be so loud? I groaned knowing that sleep was escaping me. How long was I out for? Where exactly did Jesus transport me to now? Who's comfortable heavenly, feels-like-I'm-sleeping-on-a-cloud, makes-me-never-wanna-leave bed is this? And can I take it back to my place?

My vision was still hazy. I sat up and saw the silhouette of a man sitting at the foot of my bed. I rubbed my eyes a bit. "Jackson?" I smiled. I blinked again and my hopes were shattered. No one was there. "That's beyond depressing." I thought to myself.

Once my feet touched the hardwood floors I shivered. And this is why I don't like hardwood floors in the bedrooms. The winters are brutal. I waltzed over to the window, and I was instantly filled with joy when I had seen that it was snowing!!! My smiled faded again. "If only I could've shared this moment with Jackson..."

A single tear fell down my face. It fell right along with my heart. "This isn't fair, God! My heart is broken. Draw me close to You! For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. [Psalms 38:15]"

The sound of dishes clanging drew my attention, and before I knew it my feet were walking towards the door. I was grateful that I had clothes on this time: black sweatpants and a black wife beater. Slowly but surely I crept down the stairs following the sounds. Taking a right, I passed the living room and dining room. I walked a couple more feet and stopped dead in my tracks.

"Eden?" He asked looking up at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eden? It is really you?" I just stared at this man for 5 minutes before I could get the words floating around in my mind to come out of my mouth.

"I must be dreaming, right? Or has the time come? I've finally gone crazy, haven't I? I'm insane, I just know it! This isn't real! You aren't real..." I said hysterically.

"Eden." He said trying to grab my attention.

"Wǒ kànjiàn nǐ sǐle.. (I saw you die..)" [And cue the waterfalls] Darn hormones. They have me all kinds of jacked up! I'd even cry if I dropped a pea from off of my plate and onto the floor.

"Wǒ qùle oasis-nǐ xiǎng ná yù hétóng yīgè dìfāng. Dāng nǐ wèn yēsū fùhuó dàjiā tā dài wǒ huíláile. (I went to the oasis- the same place you went to get healing. When you asked Jesus to resurrect everyone He brought me back too.)" He said coming closer to me.

"Wǒ tīng bù dǒng. Ránhòu zài nàlǐ shì qítā rén? Ér wǒmen zài nǎlǐ? (I don't understand. Then where is everybody else? And where are we?)" I said while backing away.

He stopped in his tracks. "Eden, you don't have to be scared of me anymore. I've changed..."

I looked away. "It's not you who I'm scared of..."

"Nàme shì shénme ne? (Then what is it?)" His voice calmed me some.

Tears welled up in my eyes, "I'm scared that if you touch me you're going to disappear like everyone else and leave me all alone."

"Oh Eden..." Those eyes that I've missed dearly held so much compassion; it almost made me want to stay like this for a long time. Almost... "Wǒ xiàng nǐ bǎozhèng. Wǒ jiù zài zhèlǐ. (You have my word. I will be right here.)" He reassured me.

The space between us was closed as he pulled me into a hug. I allowed the tears to flow. "Wǒ yǐjīng cuòguòle nǐ zhème duō! (I've missed you so much!)" He whispered while stroking my back.

"I've missed you too, Andy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

WHOA!!! MIND BLOWING!!! I BET YALL DIDN'T EXPECT THAT, DID YA? WELL NEITHER DID I! LOL

SO ANDY HAS RETURNED, BUT WHAT OF THE OTHERS? DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING, VOTING & COMMENTING!!! YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST READERS EVER!!!

I LOVE YOU BUNCHEZ!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!