Chapter 22: Stay Or Go

*picture of Bingbing Li as Li Siniang a.k.a Babylon*

Today is the day that Jackson and I are going to meet face to face. There's so much to say, and yet my mind is blank.

Mark stood in the doorway. "You ready to go?" I looked up at him and nodded. He came to my side in an instant. "You know what you have to do. We'll all be there to support your decision no matter what."

BamBam, Junior, JB, Yugyeom and Youngjae were downstairs in the kitchen eating. "Really guys? You're eating at a time like this!" They opened their mouths to protest, but I cut them off. "...and you didn't save me any food? How could you be so cruel!" I mocked them.

Mama Tuan entered the kitchen laughing. "When you get back I'll have a fresh plate waiting just for you, Eden!"

Mark scoffed, "What? What about me?"

"What about you?" She countered.

"Hahahaha! Thanks, Ma! I love you!" I embrace her in a hug and kiss her cheek. "Come on guys." I see Papa Tuan sitting down watching soccer. "Bye Papa Tuan. Update me later on which team wins." He waves me off.

Junior comes to my side, "Are you ready for this?"

"No, but it has to be done." A tear slides down my cheek and the guys surround me in a great big hug. "Ok enough of that. Let's go." I chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We meet Jackson at an abandoned building. He abandoned our relationship; I think this place is fitting. The guys stand a few feet away from me. Jackson just stands there; he doesn't come and embrace me. There's no love in his eyes.

"You still hate me?" I smirked. "Don't make me laugh, Jackson! As a matter of fact we both know that you hate yourself... You can't hide her anymore, ya know. Come out, Li Siniang. I know you're there. You're always there." I deadpan.

"How do you know about her?" Jackson looked dumbfounded.

I pointed to the spot next to him just as Li Siniang popped up. She glared at me, and I happily returned it. "Ah, I see you're back from the wastelands. How was it?" She stalked towards me, but Jackson held her back. "Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! I wouldn't do that if I were you! The only reason I didn't bind you to the wastelands was so I could finish you off here."

Jackson looked between us, still lost as ever. "Wait, how do you two know each other?"

Li Siniang put on an innocent face. "Wǒmen yǐjīng xiāngshíle hěn zhǎng yīduàn shíjiān, bǎobèi. Hēhē, kàn nǐ dài lái qítā de shèngrén yě. Zhè shì yīgè kǔ lè cānbàn de tuánjù. (We've known each other for a very long time, baby. Oh, look you brought the other sages as well. This is a bittersweet reunion.)"

"You see, I've always known that you were seeing her behind my back. I knew it the moment you brought me back from the hospital and our parents told us that we were getting married. You threw a temper tantrum, but I distinctly remember you saying, 'Don't I get a say in who I get to marry?'

I chuckle to myself. "All of the signs were there. A beauty like hers hardly goes unnoticed. That night we met in our dreams, you told her, and I got attacked. You invited her to my birthday party. How else would Andy know to show up? I had seen her when you looked in her direction. You tried to distract me. She was even standing right behind me when you sung to me.

When you called the guys to join us in Jerusalem, you also tipped off Li Siniang. I don't believe in coincidences, Jackson. Your betrayal runs deep. She's been poisoning your mind since our bond started awakening when we were kids. Li Siniang showed up then too, am I right?" I stared into Jackson's eyes and he looked guilty. "And judging by the look in your eyes, I'm right."