Chapter 16: Let Me Fall

Recap:

"GET HER OUT OF HERE NOW!" JB yelled. Mark picked me up and sat me on his lap in the back seat as BamBam jumped in the driver's seat. We rode off into the setting sun.

Present:

How did my life get so messed up so quickly? Cain is in Hell where he belongs, Andy's dead, my husband hates me, Baldassare escaped, and I'm a cheater. I still can't believe he put his hands on me, but I'm the one who let him down this time. So the question remains: am I still in love with Andy? The honest to God answer is no. What we have, excuse me, what we had was complicated. He was my first love, and we conceived a child together. Andy was good to me before he was tricked by Cain.

I'm sorry God for cheating.

I'm sorry Jackson for betraying you.

I'm sorry Andy for not letting you go sooner.

I'm sorry heart for not being truthful to you. Truth is I wasn't healed. I never got over the pain from my past. I only bottled it in, but now the glass has shattered. Each memory is like a stab to my heart, and I'm afraid. Deep down I'm broken.

Being in Oblivion caused catastrophic damage to my sanity. My mind is unraveling and being away from Jackson is making it worse. He can't save me, no one can but Him. I know what I have to do.

____________________________________

I stretched my arms and legs, tensing once the pain in my body made itself known. I must've cried myself to sleep. My eyes scanned my familiar surroundings and I sighed in relief. I was back in my hotel room alone. Where is everyone? Sitting up was a struggle, and walking to the bathroom proved to be just as difficult. The moment my feet touched the floor the walls started peeling away revealing the dead bodies of my family members.

Mom & Mā mī: "Eden, why didn't you save us?"

Dad & Bà: "Liar!"

Gabe & Aiden: "This is all your fault!"

Mark, BamBam: "Cheater!"

Yugyeom & Junior: "Traitor!"

Youngjae & JB: "Murderer!"

Ayanna, Fēi & Soo Young: "You've killed us!"

Taecyeon, AJ & Tj: "You've failed us!"

Henry & Amber: "You're a disgrace!"

Jackson: "Look what you did, Bǎobèi! I hate you!"

I covered my ears to block out their voices. "STOP!!!!!" The room grew silent, and my head stopped spinning. I opened my eyes and stared at the unbroken walls. Confusion and fear seized me. Cracking sounds replaced the beating of my heart. Before I had time to react the floor caved in dropping me into the lake of Oblivion.

Dozens of hands grabbed hold of me, pulling me under. Lack of oxygen prevented me from fighting back too hard. My hands clawed for the surface as weights were chained to my feet. As I sunk deeper into the depths of my soul I felt myself slipping. I forced my eyes closed as a picture of Andy's house appeared in front of me.

The underwater current pulled me towards the memory until I was sucked into it. I crashed onto the living room floor gasping for air. The water receded back into the picture. Fear paralyzed me. I didn't need to open my eyes to know what came next.

Andy burst through the front door, eyes zooming in on me, an angry grin forming on his twisted face. "Oh Eden, you've been a naughty girl, haven't you?" He cooed. I watched as a younger me jumped off of the couch and ran for the stairs. I was caught and dragged away from the banister by my hair, screaming for Andy to stop.