Chapter 26: We All Fall Down

Eden's POV:

The angel of the LORD appeared to me and said, "The LORD is with you, mighty warrior." (Judges 6:12)

"Michael!" I hugged him. "Thanks for coming!"

He hugged me and then took up arms, "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Literally." He smirked.

"Still the jokster, I see." I watched as the Lord broke through Baldassare's defenses like thunder. "He's amazing!" I spoke with admiration.

"Are you ready to kick some demon butt?" Michael extended his hand towards me, and I took it without hesitation.

"Oh, you know I am, but wait!" I lifted my eyes towards Heaven and placed both hands on my body. "By Jesus Christ stripes I am healed." My wounds closed up and my energy returned instantly. "Ok, now I'm ready." I chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Gabriel's POV:

The scene before me looked like an old western showdown. As the angels and demons were battling it out in the background Michael and Eden were facing off against the first beast with 7 heads. My Lord: the Son of God: was facing off with Baldassare in his dragon form, and here I was facing off with the second beast with 2 horns. It was quiet; even the sounds around us were drowned out. It all came down to this present moment.

Baldassare lifted his head and spewed a ring of fire around us, so that no one would intervene. Psh! He's the one who's going to be begging for help. All 3 beasts charged at us. I quickly dodged the attacked. The beast charged again, and I jumped grabbing hold of one of its horns. It jerked it's head back and forth, hoping to throw me off. I wielded my sword, chopping the horn off with precision.

It roared out in pain. That got the attention of Baldassare. He stomped his foot causing the ground to split in half. I flew up before the ground could swallow me whole, but in the process I heard Eden screaming. The injured beast rammed into me piercing me in the back with its horn.

I was instantly healed and did a back flip onto the back of the beast. Raising my sword I struck it in the skull. It fell down into the earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus' POV:

"This ends now!" I spoke out with promise. "You've hurt those I love for too long. Your reign is over. I've taken back the throne on Earth."

The great dragon roared. My sword came out of my mouth, and I got in a defensive position. Truth be told, I could kill Baldassare and his entire army with one word, but he will suffer before I condemn them all into an eternity in the Lake of Fire. Lifting my sword over my head I sliced through the air sending a shock wave to hit the dragon on its chest.

The beast that Gabriel was fighting had been injured. That got the attention of Baldassare, who stomped his godzilla feet causing the Earth to split in half. I'll fix that later. Ugh! He's always ruining something! I took that as my cue to strike again, especially when Eden's cries reached my ears.

Defeating Baldassare is as easy as taking candy from a baby. He doesn't compare. We're not equals. After all him thinking that he would be a better God than me is what caused him to be booted out of Heaven in the first place. You'd think he'd learn.

Baldassare is a special case, if you know what I mean. He's cunning, but he's not all there in the head. I cut the air diagonally sending the aftermath of my sword through the dragon's right leg, severing it completely from his body.