Chapter 52: Don't Let Me Go Tonight

4 months later

"Ok, on the count of 3 I need you to push." Doctor Jiào urged me on.

I panted like my life depended on it. "I can't.... it hurts so much." Sweat erupted on my forehead, and I screamed out as another contraction hit me. Jackson held my hand through it all.

"3." The doctor yelled. I pushed with all of the strength in me. "Ok, good job. Stop and breathe slowly for me." I regulated my breathing, but I soon went into panic mode when the heart monitor started going off.

"What's wrong?" Jackson stood up panicked himself.

"It's... it's the baby. His heart rate dropped. We need to get him out now!" Doctor Jiào scurried around the room getting equipment.

"Oh God! Not again! I can't go through it again..." I cried, but that soon turned into me hyperventilating. 

"Baby, I need for you to calm down, ok? If you're stressed our son is stressed." He placed a kiss on my forehead. "Let's pray, ok?" I nodded my head frantically. "Ā bà fù (Abba Father), we thank you for the gift of life and the blessing and privilege of being chosen to bring forth life into this world. 

You said where two or three are gathered in your name you are in the midst. Ā bà fù, we humbly come before you asking for a safe delivery of our son Jordan and a quick recovery for Eden. We pray that they're both healthy. I thank you for hearing and answering our prayers, In Jesus' blessed name we pray. Amen!"

"Amen." Doctor Jiào and I spoke in unison. Another contraction broke through, but the pain was dulled. A light emanated from my stomach. I looked up into the face of my daughter. "Yifei?" I smiled brightly. "Welcome back, baby girl."

"Hi, mommy!" Yifei beamed. She took hold of my other hand and blew Jackson a kiss. He caught it and held it to his heart. I met the last contraction with a push. Out came my little prince Jordan Wang. Yifei kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear. "Did you tell him yet?"

I shook my head. "No, but he'll know in a about 2 minutes." We giggled to each other as Jackson reached out hands for his son. 

Doctor Jiào smiled at Jordan. "Here's Jordan Wang. 5 pounds, 5 ounces and 15 inches long." He handed our son to Jackson first, and then he came back over to me and readied himself. "Ok, push!"

"Push? Why is she pushing again? Our baby is right here." Jackson asked confused. I would've laughed at his face had I not been concentrating on pushing.

The baby cried and I breathed in relief. Finally I was done. "Here's baby #2. A girl: Jaden Wang. 5 pounds, 5 ounches and 15 inches long. Congratulations on your new additions." He handed me Jaden, as Yifei and I gushed over how cute she was.

Jackson looked at me, still in a state of shock. "We have twins? I need to get a job." 

I punched his arm and laughed. "Shut up! You'll do great. You're awesome with kids." I told Jackson to sit down as I handed him Jaden. I took a picture as a keepsake. This moment was too precious, and I didn't want to miss it.

He looked at me and I was overwhelmed by the love flowing from him to me. "I love you so much, Eden! Thank you for these 3 precious gifts." I looked at Yifei and pulled her in for a hug.

"I love you too!" 

**

We had a blast surprising the family with our twins. Jackson's mom almost passed out, and now I can't get my father-in-law to give me back my kids. Surprisingly it's him and my father who are fighting over the twins.

Jia came to visit me. She was super excited to see Yifei had returned. However our reunion was short lived. Yifei had to leave 3 hours later, but she promised to always look after us. My parents cried the hardest. This was their first time seeing Yifei alive- per se. It was a beautiful farewell to a beautiful beginning. 

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

Author's Note:

And this concludes my story "Prelude to the Stars." I was gonna write another chapter, but my mind is blank, and I have no more ideas left. My Idea Bank is empty. Lol

A huge thank you to my BEST FRIENDS MonicaPiilua and malory_08 for being such SUPER AWESOME SUPPORTERS!!! Seriously, I wouldn't have continued the story had it not been for you two!!!

There's only like 3 or 4 more chapters left for "A Shot At Love" and then it's done too! I do have another story in the workings. The other story I planned to post before "A Shot At Love" I decided to redo... I don't know.... I'll keep you guys updated!

THANK YOU AGAIN! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!