Chapter 23: Reconciliation

Eden's POV:

I couldn't sleep. How could I after everything that's happened so far? We will be riding out to battle in a few hours, and you what's plaguing my mind? Jackson! Like seriously, this is definitely not the time to be thinking about him or our future... if there even is one when this is over. I blame the hormonal imbalance caused by pregancy. Ugh! I don't want to raise this baby by myself, but I also don't want another Andy tragedy. What to do... What to do...

Mark woke up next to me. "You can't sleep?"

"Dang, and I was hoping it wasn't that obvious." I chuckled. "I'm so conflicted, Mark." I said in all seriousness.

"Jackson..." he whispered. I rested my head on his arm and nodded.

"What do I do? I'm pregnant, and he rejected me this entire time we were together. He even chose her over me, even after he knew the truth. I didn't want to hurt him, but a part of me wanted him to feel the same pain I was feeling." I cried.

He pulled me in for a hug and rubbed circles on my back. "You don't have to know what to do right now. It's okay to feel what you're feeling. It's only natural. Just know that whatever you decide to do that I will support you. I will help you raise your baby. You're my sister after all. I'll do anything for you, Eden."

"Ah, that's why I love you, Marky-pooh! What would I do without you? It's good to have to you back!"

Mark grimaced. "Marky-pooh? Really? Never call me that again." I laughed. "Ok, get some sleep." I snuggled in closer to him, and I surprisingly fell asleep with ease.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*On the battlefield*

I came face to face with death itself. In the natural we were greatly outnumbered, but I had a secret weapon. So I smiled through the taunts and death threats from the enemy. They would meet their end soon anyway. I turned to my group: my parents and parents in-law, Taecyeon, Gabe, Fēi, Aiden, Amber, Henry, JB, Yugyeom, BamBam, Youngjae, Mark and Jackson.

Yeah, Jackson decided to show his face after yesterday's fiasco. He had this "I'm sorry! Please forgive me" look in his eyes, so I kept my gaze from his. Problem solved, right? Wrong. Being in his presence was setting me on fire. I had yet to forgive him, and it was slowly pulling me into an inferno of bitterness. At this rate I wouldn't be able to fight the good fight. Ugh! I better deal with it beforehand.

Just as I was about to call him over he beat me to the punch. "Eden... May I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure." I nodded to the guys as Jackson and I walked out of ear shot.

"Eden... I... I'm so sorry! It was wrong of me to lie to you, to cheat on you and to reject you. I broke my vows and your trust. Even in the face of the truth I still wanted to remain in the dark. I don't know what else to say, except that I apologize. Would you please forgive me?" Jackson stood fidgeting with his fingers.

*Sigh* "Yes, I'll forgive you, Jackson. I want to hate you so badly, but I don't have it in me anymore to. Besides, that'll be more harm to me and our baby..." I looked away. Jackson gasped.

"You're pregnant? I... I don't know what to say..." He stuttered.

"Don't say anything. You've already said and done enough. My focus is on me and the healthy delivery of this baby." Placing my hand on my stomach I looked down and smiled.

Desperation laced the words Jackson voiced out loud. "What about us? Who's going to help you raise our baby, if you decide that you don't want to be with me anymore? I want to be there for you... for our baby. I want us to work, Eden. I need you!"

"There was never an 'us.' You've made sure of that. Besides Mark will help me." I said with finality.

Jackson scoffed. "Mark? Look, I love my friend, but I will not allow another man to raise my seed!" He yelled.

I chuckled to myself. "You don't get it; do you? It's not up to you. You no longer have access to my heart. No matter what has happened between us I would never keep you from seeing your child, but you have no say in what I choose to do from this day forward. 'Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.' So to hell with what you have to say, Jackson! Now if you don't mind I have a war to win, and you're being a huge inconvenience at the moment."

Jackson moved in closer to me. "Bǎobèi, bùyào kū. Wǒ hěn bàoqiàn! (Baobei, don't cry. I'm so sorry.)"

I wiped at the traitorous tears that cascaded down my face staining my façade in the process. "I'm not crying because of you; you're not worth it. I'm crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are. (Dr. Steve Maraboli)"

As my back was facing the demons one of them shot an arrow at me. I caught it with my right hand and smirked. I stalked towards the army, "Who shot this?" A giant stepped forward. "Oh, so you like to play dirty, aye? I commend you on your bravery, but you won't be able to enjoy it for your death will be swift."

It laughed... well if you could call it that. It sounded more like a strangled howl. I pulled out my daggers and ran around the giant, making it back to my spot in record time. Before anyone had time to register what I did, the giant split into two. I winked at the army and walked back to my group.

"Alright guys, listen up!" I began as everyone moved in closer, "Victory awaits us on the other side of this army. They are fighting to kill, so I expect nothing less from all of you. We will not surrender! We will not accept defeat! We will wipe them from the face of the earth!" I looked Jackson in the eyes. "Baldassare should know by now that I've killed his precious whore Babylon." I smirked and turned my attention back to everyone else. "Do not engage him in battle. Leave him to me."

"But you can't defeat him, Eden. None of us can." My father spoke out of worry.

"I know, dad. I'm just keeping him occupied until the Calvary comes and helps us." Speaking about them gave me so much joy. "Oh, also the archangel Gabriel forged you weapons to defeat the enemy better. For BamBam: Krabi-krabong- the Daab song mue. For Yugyeom, Youngjae, Junior and JB: The Beiyan sword- demon breaking katana. For Mark: I give you The Green Destiny. Jackson: The Cold Steel Jade Lion Gim Sword. For Ma & Bá: The Taijijian. For Fēi, Amber, and Henry: The Hook Sword. For Taecyeon: The Hyeopdo. For my parents, Gabe and Aiden: The American Liberty Sword."

I continued on, "These weapons should greatly aid you I your conquest. They have been purified and doused in Holy Water. It will make descending them so much easier than using your bare hands. Remember, fear is but an illusion, a trick of the enemy. We are courageous! We are strong! And we are victorious! The Lord is on our side. Nothing is impossible with Him. He has called you here today to gather up arms and fight the good fight in His name. Whom God calls He also qualifies and equips for the task. Clear your minds and your hearts and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you. Let us pray..."

After prayer I signaled for everyone to follow me to the front of the line. The enemy parted as Baldassare made his way to the front. "Eden, I'm gad you decided to show your face after what you did yesterday!" He growled.

"Well of course! I couldn't possibly miss your demise. That would be so selfish of me. I didn't want to give off the impression that I lacked any manners." I smirked sarcastically.

"I'll be the one to get the last laugh." A female voice spoke up. I shifted my gaze to the woman next to Baldassare.

He put his hand around her waist and kissed her. "Welcome back, baby!"