Chapter 33: Turbulence

Eden's POV:

I groaned in contempt. Slowly I peeled my eyes open and quickly shut them closed. There was an oxygen tube going down my throat, which felt super uncomfortable. Wires and I.V's were connected to my veins. All in all I looked like a mad science project gone wrong. I felt like it too.

Her eyes were on me, burning flames into my skin. I glared at her and she jumped back in surprise. "Oh you're awake. How.... nice." Her sarcasm made me roll my eyes in annoyance. "I'm just going to get straight to the point: Andy. Is. Mine. So. Stay. Away! The consequences of your disobedience will be worse than your current predicament."

I took the tube out of my mouth and drank some water that was left for me on the table. My eyes never left hers. Clearing my throat I smirked. "Do you want to know what happened to the last chick who threatened me? I killed her.... twice." Giselle's eyes widened in shock. "So if you value your pathetic excuse of a life I highly recommend that you keep your threats in that tiny little brain of yours."

Giselle started fidgeting in her seat. "You don't scare me, little girl!" She huffed.

"Really? By the way your body is perspiring I'd say that you're lying." My smirk widened as Giselle cleared her throat and directed her eyes somewhere else. "Look, I love Andy. NOT in the way you think. I only want the best for him, so if you can't do the job I'll find someone who can."

"Over my dead body!" Giselle whisper yelled rising to her feet.

"Oh? That can be arranged. I hear that I have excellent aim. I'm just DYING to show you. I never miss." I smiled like the Cheshire cat.

Giselle moved closer to the door. "You're a monster."

"Says the one who just threatened a poor little girl on her hospital bed." I cocked my head to the side, but I was met with silence. "Anyways, now that we're on the same page, where's Andy?"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Why should I tell you?"

"Umm, because I asked." Her stupidity earned her another roll of the eyes. The door opened and Andy walked in with a single calla lily flower. "My favorite. You remembered! Thank you so much!" He leaned in to hug me, which I gladly accepted, but I whispered in his ear once he was close enough. "I pray you bought your mate some flowers too! Go take her out to lunch. I'm sure she's tired of watching over me by now."

"Will you be alright by yourself?" He asked uncertain.

"I'm never alone." Andy pulled back and grabbed Giselle's hand in his. He stayed glued to his spot just observing me. "I'll be fine. Go have fun, you two love birds!" When they left I sighed in relief. "Finally! Gabriel and Michael, you can come out now." I laughed as they appeared at the foot of my bed smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 days after the house fiasco I was released from the hospital. As we're speaking I'm currently in route to Hong Kong to reunite with my Yuèmǔ and my Yuèfù. I sent for a private plane, and Andy and Gisele insisted on coming, much to my displeasure.

"She's just going to slow me down!" I complained to Andy.

He ran his fingers through his hair, torn between past and present. "Eden, you know how hard it is to be away from your mate. I couldn't just leave her." Andy sighed.

"Exactly! Which is why you should've stayed as well. I'm no one's babysitter. I've had enough of that with Jackson. You know how childish he can be." I chuckled more so to myself. Reminiscing of my lover made my heart clench up. A tear slid down my cheek, and I turned my head to hide it.

"Oh look, the monster has emotions." Giselle smirked.

The atmosphere immediately tensed up. "Yeah, and if you want this monster to refrain from turning into She-Hulk and ripping you to shreds I encourage you to just sit there and look pretty." Our eyes connected making the hairs on our arms stand up.

Andy growled ultimately breaking up our intense eye battle. She looked away first. "I win!" I gloated in victory.

"EDEN AND GISELLE THAT'S ENOUGH! I'VE HAD IT ABOUT HERE WITH YOU TWO!!!" Andy put his hand above his head. "I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE CONSTANT BICKERING!" He sat down and took Giselle's hand in his.

"Giselle, baobei. I love you. I really do, but this has got to stop. What Eden and I have is deathly beautiful. But you," Andy kissed her, "you're my heart. I would never do anything to jeopardize what we have. I need you to trust me."

I turned my head at their exchange missing Jackson more and more. "I'm sorry, baby." Giselle said honestly; though I felt it was more for her upsetting him, than it was for arguing with me. Oh well! Beggers can't be choosers. "Every time she's around I get possessive. I can't compete with what you two have. I know I won't ever measure up." She cried.

"She gave you your first child, babe, and you were her first lover. And you want me to just sit here and act like I'm okay with it? Well I'm not!" Giselle turned my way, and I stared at her still processing what she just shared in my head. "Are you happy now, Eden?"

This conversation was extremely uncomfortable. They were treading too deep in the prison of my memories, and I felt like I was about to drown. "Wǒ bùxiǎng tán zhège. (I don't want to talk about that.)" I whispered on the verge of insanity. Their words were the force behind my secret pains. I had to escape. If I remained in their presence I would be sucked into a state of despair. And let's be honest, no one likes a negative Nancy on their team.

"Yīdiànyuán, kànzhe wǒ. (Eden, look at me.)" My teary eyes met his watery ones, and together we created a symphony of times. "You need to talk about it. You can't hide forever." He paused, choosing his words carefully. "Our love flourished for a time, but then it died on the battlefield. Somehow, through the ashes in our hearts our love was raised to life in the form of our beautiful baby Yifei."

I broke down at the name of our daughter.

Yifei... Mommy loves you, my precious baby girl!

"I've had the privilege of spending time with her while I was in Heaven. She's everything we've always wanted and then some. Yifei is the reason why I changed. Eden," He touched my face wiping away the tears, "our daughter wouldn't want this. She'd want us all to be happy. Please for her sake, try to get along with Giselle." My eyes shot up to meet his, and he sighed. "I'm not saying that you two have to be best friends, but please be cordial at least."

"For Yifei." I nodded my head in acceptance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song: India.Arie- Back to the Middle

*picture of the interior of Eden's private plane*