Chapter 8: Look What Love Has Done

Eden's POV:

My dad called Jackson and me into the study when he got back. "Eden, Jackson..." He embraced us in a group hug. OK, this is weird. "Come, have a seat." He gestured towards the two empty chairs in front of him. We took our seats and waited for him to continue.

"How have you two been doing?" Dad says with a soft tone.

Jackson glances over at me. "Oh uh we're..."

"Dad, what's this about?" I cut Jackson off in mid-sentence. I'm not one for small talk.

Dad sighs in defeat. "Very well then. As you know already, we've captured Andy." My joints stiffened at the mention of his name. Jackson squeezed my hand for reassurance that he wasn't going anywhere and that he would protect me, even until his dying breath. I nodded towards my dad. He looked so tired and worn out. "Well, now there is a new threat, a much larger threat that none of us could have anticipated. Eden... the real Andy came out, and he wants you to know that he's sorry... for everything. He wasn't himself."

"Whoa! I know you're not defending him? How could you take his side after everything he put me through?" I could feel the tears threatening to expose me, but I stood strong.

Dad rose to his feet in frustration. "You listen to me, Eden Giselle Giles, and you listen well!" He snapped in a new form anger that I've never seen on him. Who was this man standing before me? I knew that I had over stepped my bounds. To say that I was scared was an understatement.

"I know you don't believe Andy, but believe in me when I tell you that he's being possessed by an ancient demon called 'Cain.' It wasn't Andy who killed you or your... baby... it was Cain. That's what he does, Eden. He kills out of jealousy. Andy said he saw your cherry blossom tattoo, and he instantly knew that you were Jackson's soul mate." Jackson gasped at this new found revelation.

"Děng yīxià! Nǐ yǒu yīgè yīnghuā wénshēn? (Wait! You have a cherry blossom tattoo?)" I nodded waiting for a response. When he didn't say anything I gently put my right to his cheek.

"Jackson?" He looked up at me with a pained look in his eyes. "Bǎobèi, yǒu shéme bùduì? (Baby, what's wrong?)"

Is that guilt? I was ready to speak again but he spoke in a hushed tone. "When I was 16 I kept having these dreams about a woman... who looked just like you.... she was clothed in a ray of light, but on her side was a tattoo of cherry blossoms. I didn't understand what it meant, but then the dreams turned into nightmares. I told my Uncle Andy about them, and he said that he'd look into it. I just wanted the nightmares to stop, and when he left the dreams left with him. I didn't know that you two were dating. He took advantage of my weakness. Eden, I'm the reason you went through all that hell.... How can I forgive myself for what he's done to you?"

I took a deep breath in. Tears stained my cheeks, but I knew that I had to be strong for Jackson. "Bǎobèi, look at me. Don't you dare blame yourself. How could you have known? You can forgive yourself, because I forgive you. Do you hear me, Jackson? I forgive you." Instantly I was swallowed up in his embrace.

"Xièxiè! What would I do without you?" Those beautiful brown eyes bore into mine.

"Ummm probably fall in a ditch." I teased. Shock was written on his face. "Hahahaha! Babe, I'm joking." Jackson relaxed. Dad finished up telling us what happened and what I must do.

"...Also, I think it's best if you and Jackson get married tomorrow!" My dad is slick. He slid that one in there. I looked at him in a state of disbelief. Did he just say what I think he said?

"Dad, are you sure that's a good idea with everything that's been going on?" No, this is too soon for me. I'm a nervous wreck right now!

"Hūxī! Wǒ xiǎng jǐnkuài gěi nǐ jiéhūn. Wǒ bùxiǎng zài děng dì èr, zhīdào nǐ kěyǐ cǎiqǔ lí wǒ ér qù. (Breathe! I want to marry you as soon as possible. I don't want to wait another second knowing that you could be taken away from me.)" Jackson holds my gaze.

"Okay... Tomorrow it is then..." I hope I can go through with it. My dad finishes telling us what happened and dismisses us to get ready for tomorrow. Ready or not here we come. God help us.