Chapter 46: New Alliance

Eden's POV:

I didn't get much sleep last night ever since Jackson up and left. I bottled my tears and threw it into the rising sun. No more! I won't shed another tear for him. I'm no quitter, but I'm smart enough to know when it's time to let go. And this... this was one of those times.

I'll hide my heart behind a glass case amd cancel all visiting hours. Access to my emotions has been denied.

Regardless of the doctor's warnings I was going out today. I had a meeting with a potential ally, and I wasn't going to let my rocky marriage put that in jeopardy. If this falls through than the puzzle will be completed.

Maybe I pushed him too far, and now he's done with me. Maybe I shouldn't have said those words to him. Maybe I should've told him everything from the beginning. Maybe if I did he'd love me and stay...

It's my fault he's gone. I blame myself for him sneaking behind my back. If I didn't always pick a fight with him, then he would've been faithful. If I would've let go of Andy sooner than maybe he would've let go Babylon.

I hopped in the shower and washed away all of self-condemnation and blame. I was crunched for time, and I refused to spend it sulking over my husband's disappearance and who he was with.

As I finished dressing someone knocked on my door. "Enter at your own risk." I joked.

Yaya poked her head in, and I smiled, letting her know that I was in a good enough mood for company. "Hey..."

"Hello. What brings you to my headquarters this lovely day?" I spoke with a British accent. She raised her eyebrow at me and smiled.

"I wanted to talk to you." Yaya spoke with a low voice.

I glanced over at her while I put on my boots. "Well, can it wait? I have somewhere important to be."

Yaya shook her head. "No, I really need to get this off my chest before I explode." She paused and then sighed. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be on bed rest for another week?"

Rising to my feet I put my hand on her shoulder. "What the doctor doesn't know won't hurt her."

"Yeah, but it might hurt you." Yaya shot back.

My eyebrow lifted in response to her comment. "Oh? So are you saying that you actually care about my wellbeing? Where's my sister and what have you done with her?" I joked.

"Eden, this is serious!" She stomped her feet. I stifled a laugh and sobered up.

"Ok, I'm sorry. Come sit." Patting the spot next to me I gestured for her to come closer. Once she sat down I turned her way. "So, what do you need to talk about? I'm all ears."

I watched as she fumbled with the bottom of her shirt; I was trying to contain my impatience. "I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry for EVERYTHING that I've ever did or said to you!!" Yaya started crying. I patted her back awkwardly. "I hate the woman I've become. I... I want to be better, but in order for me to do that I need to make amends.

There's no excuse for why I acted the way I did towards you and everyone else. I was wrong. The blame is mine, and I take full responsibility for my actions. I just want to start over. Please say you'll forgive me! I want to be a part of your life again. I want my first nephew to know who his aunt is."

Silence....

"Yaya...." God was tugging on my heart to forgive my sister. I sighed at His persistence, but I was grateful for Him reconciling my sister back to me. All of my ill-feelings towards Yaya were gone and replaced with compassion and love. "I forgive you!"