Chapter Four: Ryan

LALALALALALALLALALALA.  

Idk bro. 

Any comments?  

Happy reading!

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Then make some friends, like every other new kid!" I exclaimed, exasperated, as I shoved past him once again, to deposit my lunch and afternoon books.

"Bu-" Alex started, but Kate intervened.

"It'll only be for a couple of days, and then he'll have some new friends!" Kate tilted her head. I groaned. I would be dead at the end of those days. This... thing was the most repulsive, annoying, egotistical creature to ever walk the Earth. I closed my eyes and took a couple deep breaths. I put on a forced smile and opened my eyes.

"What's your homeroom?"

********************************************************************************************************************

 I was currently seated in the 3rd row of Ms.Walker's AP US History-or APUSH for short-homeroom. We still had about 10 minutes before class began, and I was reading- scratch that, I was trying to read. Alex kept on poking my cheek. After having to read the same sentence over and over again, I snapped my head to left, annoyed with the boy sitting next to me.  

"What?" I growled, slamming my book down.

"Talk to me." He demanded, leaning his chin on his hand. Since it was evident I was not going to be able to re-read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I gave into him. I took a deep breath.

"Isn't the weather lovely today?" I put on a mock sweetness and cocked my head to one side. Alex raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously! Tell me interesting stuff!" He whined and pouted his lips. his adorable little expression sent my heart into-WOAH. NU-UH. He is a jerk, but a drop-dead smexy one. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

"Hmm. You always want to talk about interesting things." I stated, referring back to our failed date.

Alex looked at the ceiling. "Obviously, who wants to talk about boring things?

"Well, you should watch out for Ben." I informed him, wanting to see what he would say.

"Ben?" Alex's eyebrows furrowed together.

"Yes, Ben, the "jock" of the school, bully, Mr. Popular, the-guy-everyone-knows." I stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Realization spread across his face.

"Oh, so this is who you got a little school girl crush on?" His eyes gleamed playfully, and his lips cracked into a smile. Heat immediately rose to my cheeks.

"What? No! Ew, he's like been with everyone single girl in the school! And besides I like-" I stopped mid-way, realizing what I was doing. Alex raised an eyebrow.

"You like..." He trailed off, looking smug.

"No one." I snapped and picked up my abandoned book.

"Aww, it's OK to admit you like me."

I whipped my head in his direction.

"What did you just say?" I growled. Alex leaned back in his seat.

"Oh, nothing. And by the way, Ben won't be a problem." I glared at him and scoffed.

"And why's that?"

"Because I'm sexy." Alex replied, putting his hands behind his head, flexing his muscles. They were big, but not steroid- I have GOT to stop rating his biceps.

"Ben is not someone to mess with. He will make sure you will have no Alex Juniors." I exclaimed, trying to sound serious. And I was telling the truth. Ben equals trouble.

I turned back to my book, but then HE entered the room. By HE I meant Ryan. The way his dirty-blonde hair swept effortlessly across his forehead and topped with his piercing blue eyes was enough to make my heart thump like on a bass drum. He was grinning, displaying perfect teeth and his tan skin glowed. My stomach got all knotted up as he began to walk to a seat. Right next to me. Oh. My. God. My mind just went blank, but Ryan greeted me in his deep voice.

"Hey, Will." His eyes twinkled and I just forgot to breath.

"Oh-um, Hey." I choked out. Say something witty and charming!

"How was your summer?" Really brain?! That's the best that you could come up with?! He probably thought I was an idiot. If you didn't notice by now, I was utterly, head-over-heels in love with Ryan Cambell.

"Oh, it was great! Went down to the shore, played some soccer-actually a LOT of soccer and just chilled. How was yours?" Ryan chuckled. God, someone pinch me. Ryan was sitting next to me and TALKING to me. Well, we have talked before but you know-oh, never mind. It dawned on me he was waiting for an answer.

"Kate sent me on like a hundred blind dates." I blurted out, and mentally face-palmed myself. Why would I tell him that?! Way to sound desperate, Cass! 

"Oh, and did you meet anyone special?" He smiled at me, sending me onto Cloud 9. My mind completely blanked, and right when I was about to tell him no, Alex intervened.

"Yeah, I'm her boyfriend." He slung his arm around my shoulder, leaning forward to our conversation.

"Um, no, you're not. He's not my boyfriend. He's just the new kid." I hurriedly explained. I hope Alex gets zapped to a Lego desert. I shrugged his arm off, but Alex didn't even blink.

"I'm Alex."

Ryan grinned and responded, "Hey man, I'm Ryan."

Alex looked very smug as he sat back properly in his seat. The teacher walked in and I snuck a glance at him. He was looking at me, amused.

My cheeks were warm as I asked him harshly, "What?" One corner of his mouth lifted up and he turned his head away.

"Nothing, nothing at all."

______________________________

Hope you enjoyed this one!

Any comments rachets?

Love ya.