Chapter Twenty-Seven: Phase One-Keep Calm

Was 'sup my homies?

So, the cover contest ends on August 5th, sumbit the covers to justanotherwriter42@gmail.com! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

DING DONG. I rung Kate's doorbell while running a hand through my hair. The door flew open and outstepped Kate, grinning like there was no tomorrow. 

"So, what's the plan?" She asked, while we started our walk to school. 

"Well, I guess we'll just continue how we always talk, but I won't start any drama." I clarified, with a bounce in a step. 

Now that I finally confronted my feelings about Alex, what if he didn't like me? 

Of course he doesn't, Cass! You're wasting your time! 

But, what about that slight chance that he does?

But what about that HUGE chance he doesn't?

Great, now you're talking to yourself. 

I mean, it does feel bad sort of using him like this. I'm only talking to him because I want to find out if likes me. Plus, I don't really think I could survive without our usual fights and teasing, if I'm being honest. 

So, just keep calm, Agent Williams. 

All you have to do is talk to him! Get him to trust you! Make him like you!

Woah, slow down there! I'm just going to talk to him, not the impossible.

Almost too soon we arrived at school and Kate and I headed for our lockers. Somebody put their hands on my eyes. I already knew who it was. 

"Alex, this isn't fun-" I stopped mid-way, turning around and revealing the person's identity. 

"Ryan? W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered, taking a step back from him and shutting my locker. Kate came to stand next to me, protectively crossing her arms and giving him a glare. 

"I just wanted to talk about Violet. Nothing is going on between us, I swear."

Nothing? Eating each other's faces off is nothing?!

I nodded, 'understanding'. 

"So, I want to give us a second try. Please?" He continued, his blue eyes betraying no emotion. I was about to give him a piece of my mind (and my fist), when an idea sprung to me. 

"Okay. You have one more chance. How about we go on a double date?" I gave him a smile, hiding my smirk. 

Why am I constantly going on double dates?

"You, me, Alex and Violet. It'll be nice!" I gushed. "How about this Friday, at that pizza place on Main Street?" I grinned. 

"What. Are. You. Doing?" Kate hissed in my ear. I nudged her with my elbow, letting her know it would fine. 

Ryan grinned. A grin that would once send a million butterflies into my stomach, but now it made be want to hurl. "That sounds perfect. You tell Alex, I'll tell Violet." 

Oh, Ryan. For once I completely agree with you. 

This would be perfect. 

***************************************************************************************************************

The moment Alex walked into history class, I got up from my seat and pushed him out of the room. 

"Hey, Alex!" I smiled to a very suspicious Alex.