Chapter Twenty-Two: I sound like a person in a cheesy pop song.

HELLOO. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

"You guys are idiots, I hope you know that," Kate rolled her eyes as I told her the events of last night. 

 "He's the idiot! Why can't he just let me live out my schoolyard crush in peace?" I cried out, putting my hands on my arms, which rested on the windowsil. It was the morning after the party and Kate and I were at the windows. 

"Because he's trying to help you!" 

I scoffed. "Help? More like destroy, hurt, or break!" 

"You are so stubborn, Cass! Why can't you just let people help you once in a while?" Her gaze softened at me. I could feel tears pricking my eyes. 

"Because... because..." I trailed off. I slammed the window shut and fell on my bed. 

Because of my life. My parents don't care about me. I act like I don't care, but I do. I only have Kate has a friend. No one else. She's the star, I'm the backstage crew. My pride and stubborness is the only thing I can hold onto. Everything else will go. I have no siblings. And then Alex shows up, telling me all this stuff about Ryan, claiming that he's trying to help me!

God, I sound like a person in a cheesy pop song. 

Now I was alone. No Kate, no Alex, no safety to fall back upon. 

***************************************************************************************************************

After having spend the whole of sunday crying, doing homework, and catching up on assignments, it was the much dreaded Monday. My outfit today consisted of running shorts, an old t-shirt and a hoodie. I had no makeup on and my hair is in a messy ponytail. 

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90695560

I could give two donkeys butts about my appearance. Making the treachrous walk to school alone, I shoved things into my locker and dragged myself to homeroom. I was the first one there. Putting my head down on my desk, I counted the seconds. 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7- 

Somebody sat down next to me. Without looking, I knew it was Alex. I had a couple choices. 

A) Beat him up. 

B) Apologize. 

C) Talk things out, then apologize. 

or D) Ignore him. 

As pleasant as A sounded, I would get in a lot of trouble and Alex being much taller than me, would be able to take me on. I apologized last time, it was his turn now. This will not be a girly, heart to heart discussion. So, D it is. I brought my head up and took out my notebook, my attention turning to the teacher. Ryan plopped down next to me. Stupid Ryan. He rolled a note on my desk and I shot him a confused look. He just smiled and looked pointedly at it. I opened it. 

Are you free next friday night? Cause it looks like you and Alex aren't together anymore. 

At any point before last night, I would have sang, jumped on my desk and gotten a pet unicorn if I had gotten this note from Ryan. But, today? I crumbled the note up with a burning rage and scribbled back. 

Is Violet free? 

I chucked it at him and it landed right between his eyebrows. Bullseye. He shot a weird glance, and I simply replied with a flirty grin and a wink. Grinning, he opened the note. As he read it, the color drained from his face. I threw him another note. 

Nice try, pretty boy. 

This time, I snuck a glance at Alex, who quickly looked away. He had read the notes. I couldn't help but notice the slight smirk playing on his lips. 

Clotpole. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Not edited! Sorry its short, I'm just sort of stuck. 

Any suggestions? Private message me, write on my message board, comment or send a carrier pigeon!