Chapter Nine: Ex-Boyfriend Say What?!

Hey, fancy meeting you here!

^^that was a spoiler to the chapter....

That you will now read.

__________________________

Groaning in frustration, I turned over on my back.

'Just.... Awkward. We were friends, then we weren't. Nuff said.'

Feeling as if he would press the matter, I added a quick 'gtg, bye.'

Letting out a breath I never knew I was holding, I started some homework.

At around 1 in the afternoon I was done and had finished eating lunch. I decided to take a jog at the park.

Slipping into a pair of running shorts, a t-shirt and sneakers, I grabbed my phone, headphones, and water. I loved to run- it helped clear my mind. Writing a quick note to my parents, I headed out. (Outfit on link in bio) 

"SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, WHAT YOU REALLY REALLY WANT..." Spice girls screamed in my ears as I jogged around the lake in the local park on a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, I was running. It was perfect. Sighing, I closed my eyes for a second. In that second, I ran into something. Someone to be exact. My eyes flew open to see a chiseled chest and traveled upwards to hazel eyes. The guy had short brownish hair, a square face, high cheekbones and full lips. I recognized him in a second as my heart twisted.

"T-Trevor?"

He blinked.

"Cass?"

I nodded hesitantly.

He looked taken aback. "Oh, wasn't expecting you to be here."

"Um, I live in this town, and am 2 blocks away." I pursed my lips.

"Yeah, so...." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Remind me again why I ever dated such a loser?

"What'cha doing here?" I broke the ice.

"Oh, just walking... with my girlfriend." He hastily added at the end.

EX-BOYFRIEND SAY WHAT?

He had a girlfriend? In two months? Did I really mean that little to him?!

"Oh, that's cool." I remained collected. "Where is she?" 

"Went to the bathroom. So, have you found someone?" He smirked, almost looking smug.

"Actually, yes." The word were out of my mouth before I knew what was happening.

"What's his name?" Trevor's eyes narrowed.

"Alex."

IDIOT SAY WHAT?

STUPID BRAIN WITH YOUR STUPID LIES AND YOUR STUPID PRIDE.

"Yup, he just moved here this year. Kate actually set us up." I explained, ending with a hair flip of my pony.

"Well, I would love to meet him sometime! We should go on a double-date, but that won't be awkward right?" He grinned, faking concern. The twinkle in his eyes told me to say no, Alex is a fake.

I nodded. "You pick the place, I pick the date."

"Jade Dragon."

"Oh, what a coincidence! Alex and my first date was there!" And only date, I silently added.

Trevor gave a me a tight smile. "What date and time?"

"Next Friday, 6:30."

"So, its settled. I'll see then you then, Cassandra."

"Can't wait. Nice to see you again."

And with that I jogged away.

So I have a date. In a week. With my ex-boyfriend. And his REAL girlfriend. And my fake boyfriend.

___________________________ 

Is the suspense killing you?

Any comments or questions?

Happy reading! :)