Chapter Forty-Five: Remember?

Well, guys. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

The moment those words came out of his mouth, time stopped. 

How long had I dreamt of this moment?

How many tears have I shed because of this wonderful, crazy guy in front of me?

Alex leant his forehead on mine, staring into my eyes with those blue eyes of his, a lopsided grin on his face. 

"I like you. I freaking like you, Cass! I LIKE YOU!" He suddenly screamed, grinning and laughing at the same time. Without another word, he kissed me again. 

Third kiss in a matter of 10 minutes. 

I'm one lucky gal. 

I just stared at the grinning Alex. "Why?" I managed to utter out. 

"Why what?" 

"Why do you like me?" My voice cracked. 

Alex Waters was perfect. I was not. So why? Was this some sick joke? 

"CC, you may be clumsy, nerdy and a fail in life in general, but your perfect. Inside and out. When you blush, its adorable. Hell, anything you do is adorable! You're just one giant hot mess. And that's why I like you." He tapped my nose, bringing me close to him. 

How do I describe what I'm feeling? 

Two words. 

Emotional wreck. 

But right now, I was floating. 

I was happy. 

I was with Alex. 

"Come on, CC," Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him to his car. I tried to stop that goofy grin from taking over my face, but I couldn't. 

It was Alex we're talking about here! 

We both got in and Alex drove straight to his house. 

"Follow me," he held my hand, and walked over the backyard, where the pool was shimmering in the moonlight. 

Soundlessly, he slipped off his dress shoes and socks, rolling up his pants. He sat at the edge of the water, dangling his feet in. "Come on, the water's fine," he winked, grinning at me. 

Smiling, I slipped off my shoes and bunched up my dress way high, up to my knees, and sat down next to him. 

"So." I said, staring straight ahead. "I like you. You like me. What now?" 

"Remember when you couldn't stand me?" 

"I still can't." And with that, I pushed him into the pool. I threw my head back, laughing. "OH MY GOD! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE!" I cackled. 

Alex pouted, dripping wet, standing in the pool. "Can you at least help me out?" 

"Fine," I sighed, and grabbed his hand, pulling. But the moment our fingers connected, he pulled me in with a giant splash. "Alex!" I whined, glaring at him. 

He held my waist, his large hands on the small of my back. "I got you, CC. And I'm never letting go," he whispered into my neck. I played with his irresistible locks of hair, heart thudding. 

I could only think of Alex. 

My Alex. 

He brought his head up, his lips connecting with mine. 

"Remember that party, where I rescued you?" Alex smiled. (Gif on the right------>

"Actually, you failed at rescuing me, so then I had to rescue you," I pointed out, raising my eyebrows. 

"My princess in shining armor," he teased. 

"Remember when I got pissed at you for uncovering Ryan to me?" I cocked my head to the side. 

"Yeah, you were a monster," he visibly shudders. 

"Remember when I taught you how to let loose and have fun?" 

"I do. And I crushed you at dancing!" 

"Remember when we saw the sunrise?" 

"Yeah, and you caught me checking you out." 

"You were checking me out?" I say, surprised. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Alex likes me! 

My flipping crush likes me! 

"Sort of hard not too. You were stunning," he pushes a wet strand of my hair behind my ear. I wrap my arms around his neck, burrowing my face in the crook of his neck. 

"Alex?" I murmured. 

"Hm?" 

"What cologne do you use?" I brought my face up. 

Alex threw his head, laughing. "Why?" 

"Because you always smell like rain and the woods." 

Alex shrugged. "You always smell like a dump." 

"You butt!" I playfully pushed him away. 

Alex quickly grabbed my waist again, cocking an eyebrow expectantly. 

"But you're my butt." I muttered the cliche line, referring to our past conversation. "Wait," I frown. "That came out wrong." 

We both laugh at this, still in each other's embrace. 

Standing like this, with Alex, under the moon, just feels.... right. 

"It's funny," I blurt out. 

"What's funny?" Alex's blue eyes peer into mine. 

"That this all started with one blind date." 

_______________________________________________________________________________

BAM! 

Well, my peasants, A Blind Date is over. 

Now, before you get your panties in a twist, there will be sequel. . 

We hit a million reads and are #2 on the chicklit! I cannot tell you all how much I love you and just to marry you all! I hope you keep enjoying my writing! 

Stay beautiful, my friends.