Chapter Forty-Three: An Overblown, Over-the-top Sweet Gesture.

HEELLLOO! 

What's up my peasants? I MADE AN INSTAGRAM!! FOLLOW ME @JUSTANOTHEWRITER_ FOR WHEN I'M GOING TO UPDATE AND STUFF LIKE THAT! :) <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

Tap. Tap. Tap. 

What was the incessant tapping? Groaning, I opened my eyes and checked the time. 3:04 am. 

After the hot chocolate, Alex and I had stayed on the couch for hours, gossiping and just talking about our future. Like what colleges we had applied to, what majors we wanted. And get this. It was fun. When the snow stopped coming down, at around sometime in the afternoon, he went home. Then it was homework, dinner, studying, tumblr and bed for me. Now, this tapping noise was coming from my window, driving me up the walls. 

Moaning, I pulled my blankets over my head, praying for the annoying sound to stop. 

But it just kept on going. 

Tap. Tap. Tap. 

Sighing, I got up and went to the window, figuring it was a branch. Swinging open my curtain, I was unpleasantly surprised by the face of Alex. 

Screaming, I jumped back, heart racing. 

WTF? 

A soft knock came from my door. "Cass, honey? You okay?" My mom asked, fatigue in her voice. 

"Yeah, just go back to sleep. I fell off my bed," I lied. 

"Okay, sweetie. Sleep well." I heard footsteps padding away and then her door closing. Frowning, I opened my window to reveal a smirking Alex. 

"Alex. WHAT THE FRICKING HELL?" I whispered harshly. 

"I need to show you something." 

"AT 3 IN THE MORNING? ON A LADDER?" I kept up my whisper yelling, gesturing to the ladder that leaned against my house, which he was standing on. 

"Yes, at the 3 in the morning on a ladder." 

"Well, you're out of luck, so go home!" I was just about to close the window, when he said something that made my heart stop beating. 

"I need to tell you something. Or rather, ask you." 

Could it be... No. Don't get your hopes up! Remember how last time turned out! 

But, maybe it was a worth a shot... 

"Okay, fine," I sighed. "What do you want to show me?" 

"Come down." 

"To the ground?" I stupidly asked. 

"Yes, come outside," Alex rolled his eyes irritably. 

"But, my paren-" 

"The ladder, stupid." 

Was this all worth just the slight chance of going to the dance with Alex? 

Hell, yea. 

Grumbling, I put on a sweatshirt and my boots. I was dressed in plaid PJ pants and I tied my hair up in a very messy, high ponytail. Alex was already on the ground, and I let out a deep breath of air and carefully stepped out of of the window, onto the ladder. Very carefully, I stepped down, rung after rung. 

"Now what?" I crossed my arms over my chest, still being cold despite the sweatshirt. 

"Now, we go." He walked over the street, where a motorcycle was parked.