Chapter Thirty-Six: An Invitation and A Talk

I should come up with a nickname for my followers... 

How about hipsters?

Nah. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

BEEP. BEEP. 

I don't want to get up. 

That was my first thought as my alarm clock woke me up for another day of school. Rubbing my eyes, I brushed my teeth and hair and got dressed in a sweater, jeans and vans. Tying my hair into a bun, I headed downstairs, grabbing my backpack. My parents had been out of the house for a few days. 

http://www.polyvore.com/tuesday/set?id=95448691

Whatever. 

I made myself a bowl of cereal and just sat there, eating. I wonder if today will be the day. 

The day I tell Alex. 

Maybe. Maybe not. 

After finishing up eating, I locked the house and headed over to Kate's. Ringing the doorbell, Colin once again answered, rubbing his eyes. 

"Does Kate ever answer the door?" I asked, pushing past Colin to step inside. 

He shrugged. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure..." I trailed off awkwardly. 

"When are you going to do to it?" 

"Do what?" 

"Tell Alex?" 

Cue the blush. 

"Tell Alex what?" 

"Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's practically all that Kate talks about, she won't shut up about you two! You have to tell him soon, or some other chick will snatch him up!" He scolded me, his eyebrows furrowing. 

"Colin," I sighed. "Look at me. Now, look at Alex. I'm the clumsy, shy girl with a part time job of being a bookworm. Alex is this confident, handsome butthead who can get any girl he wants. Can't you see why we don't belong together?" 

"Ah, my young grasshopper. That is why you do belong together. There cannot be PB and J sandwich without both the peanut butter and the jelly." Colin said in a very bad Chinese accent, bowing down. 

I giggled. "You're crazy, you know that, right?" 

At the moment, Kate bounced down the stairs and off we headed. 

************************************************************************************************************

"Oh, Jeremy wants to know if you, Alex, Ben and Marcus want to come over on Friday night. We're going to watch a movie, order some pizza, unwind. It'll be fun," Kate shrugged, her blonde hair bouncing. 

"I don't know..." 

"You're coming." 

"Yes, mom," I stuck my tongue out at her and nudged her playfully, causing us both to laugh. 

As we entered the gates of the school, I noticed Ben and Marcus laughing at god knows what and Alex standing next to them, frowning. We went over and I pouted at Alex. 

"Why the grumpy face?" 

(Gif on the right ----------->

"Marcus and Ben are being di-" 

"Uh, uh, uh," I tsked. "No cursing, young man." I scolded, wiggling a finger. Alex let a small smile out. 

Let's make him jealous. 

"So, Marcus," I began, skipping over to him. 

"When's our date?" I put my arm on his shoulder and leaning on it. 

"How about next Saturday at the diner? It'll be casual, babe," he added with a wink. I literally had to bite my lip to stop the giggles that were bound to erupt and it looked like Marcus was doing the same thing. 

"That's disgusting," Alex spat, looking murderous. "You're already calling her terms of endearment? I bet that you're going to be proposing to her in a week!" He exclaimed, and then stormed into the school. 

We all paused, then cracked up laughing. Once everyone had calmed down and was talking among  themselves, Marcus grabbed my arm and pulled me next to the school, where no one could hear us. 

"What the hell?" 

"So are we really going to do this?" 

"Do what?" What was Marcus going on about?

"Make Alex jealous." 

I paused, thinking about this. 

On one hand, it would annoy him and make it irritable. 

On the other hand, its nice to see him jealous. 

Eh, what the hell. 

"I'm in if you're in," I smirked. 

"Are you kidding me? This is most fun I've ever had messing with someone!" He grinned. 

We shook on it. 

Plan MAJ (Make Alex Jealous) was a go. 

**************************************************************************************************************

"So, what's up Alex?" I asked him with a straight face. We were seated in homeroom, and we still had a couple minutes to spare. 

He shot me a disgusted look. "Don't 'what's up, Alex' me." 

"Okay, okay," I put my hands up in surrender. Turning to Marcus, I asked, "What's up, Marcus?" 

Before he could respond, Alex cut him off. "Oh, so that's how its going to be? You're going to talk to him? God!" He crossed his arms, scowling and glaring straight ahead. 

"I think its someone's time of month," I whispered loudly to Marcus, grinning. 

And of course, Alex being Alex, flipped me off with the middle finger. 

Ladies and gentlemen, the boy who stole my heart. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Sorry that this chapter is slightly shorter than the rest! 

Okay, a goal for y'all crazy peeps. 

1) Come up with a ships and their names for A Blind Date. Top 3 will recieve shoutouts! 

2) Come up with a name for me to call all my lovely followers. :) 

3) Get #5 in ChickLit? 

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!! 

Okay, so some questions:

1) Will MAJ work?

2) How will Marcus' and Cass' date go?

3) How will Friday night go? 

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow! Message me! <3