Chapter Twelve: Violet

You good, cause I want to know.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

jk, you can read.

_______________________________________________________________________________

 "I missed you more," I grinned and leaned over to give Alex a peck on the cheek. But before he would even react, Ms. Cohen began talking. I peeked over at glance at Ryan, who looked distance with the faintest hint of a blush on his cheeks. It was adorable. I was so engrossed in checking him out, I didn't even notice Ms. Cohen announce a partner project. I snapped back into reality only when she said my name.

"Cassandra and Alex, you two will be working together."

How come all the forces of the universe were working against me?!

Finally, lunch! I entered the lunch room and made a beeline for the lunch line. I was buying today because I was too lazy to make my own lunch. While I waited, I began to hum a made-up tune and rocked on the balls of my feet, trying to forget all that happened in the last couple days.

"Enjoying yourself?" A husky voice behind me asked.  I could literally hear the smirk. Without even looking, I knew it was Alex. As I was turning to give him a snarky comment back, I noticed the person standing behind Alex. My blood ran cold.

"Well, because you're here now," I answered with a flirty tone and gave him a peck on the cheek. 

"So, you two are dating?" Violet asked. Yes, it was her standing behind Alex, checking him out. And I was set on giving her a show. 

"Yup," I popped the p. Her long brown hair with blond highlights was tied into a perfect high ponytail, making her angular facial features even more noticeable. She was dressed in a REALLY short summer dress with a VERY low neck line. She gave me a tight smile and turned to Alex. 

"Hi, I'm Violet," she introduced herself with a sugary tone and a bat of her long eyelashes that framed her chocolate brown eyes. She held up a hand, offering her knuckles. Alex winked at me, before brushing his lips with her knuckles. 

"I'm Alex. The pleasure is all mine," he answered in a sultry tone. He was supposed to be my pretend boyfriend! How dare he! 

I cleared my throat and sent him a death glare. "What? I'm just being a friendly!" He put up his hands in surrender, though his captivating blue eyes twinkled mischievously. But I swallowed my annoyance like a child swallowing medicine and put on a smile. 

"I know, babe, just don't get too attached to her," I joked. Alex raised a dark eyebrow at me. I was letting a fight go? Yes, I know, completely unlike me, but there was time and place for everything. 

"We met on a blind date and the moment I saw him, I knew he was the one for me," I explained to Violet, who staring at Alex, probably calculating how long before he dumped me and came running for her. Although my explanation wasn't truthful at all, she seemed to buy it.

FLASHBACK...

A guy about my age was leaning against a sleek black car. And boy, was he hot. He has piercing blue eyes and jet black hair, unruly, but he could pull it off.

He was in a formal gray suit with blue tie. The guy was also about 5"11. He took my breath away for a second but I quickly discovered.

"I assume you're my date for the evening?" I asked, scrunching up my nose and walked towards him. He grinned, stood up and nodded.

"Did you know that you're a half hour late?" I scolded him, crossing my arms and glaring.

"A few minutes here, a few minutes there, what's the matter?" He shrugged and started walking towards  the entrance.

"I'm going home. You can't just decide to show up when you want!" I exclaimed. This guy literally thought he owned the world. I rolled my eyes and started to walk, yet again.

His husky voice called after me, "I don't think you should do that." I wheeled around. Great, now this guy thought he was the boss of me?!

"And why's that?" I fumed. I was up to here with this guy! Hilarious my poop! He smirked and his eyes twinkled playfully.

END FLASHBACK

"Oh, that's so sweet!" Violet gushed. 

"Eh-hem," a freshman behind Violet cleared his throat, "sorry to break up your little party, but I'm starving, so can we get a move on here?" There was a large gap between me and the person in front of me, as I was too absorbed in the conversation to move forward. 

Blushing, I turned around to move forward, but not before I noticed the wink that Violet gave to Alex. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys liked it!

Comments or reading recommendations?

Thanks for reading. <3