#TheCrushOfYourLife

Michelle

When the crush of your life asks you, "You're just moving there to meet more guys, aren't you?", paired with a raised eyebrow emoticon when you told him that you're immigrating to another country, you probably should not answer, "Yes".Because that will be the last you hear from him in a very very long time.And it's not because international text messages are expensive, or that he rarely uses Facebook, or that he completely given up on Messenger.Hey, but him being bothered by your answer must mean something, right?And if you went home for a week for Christmas and asked him if wanted to catch a movie, giving the lame excuse that movies are cheaper back home, and then he didn't reply, you should probably not blame Facebook. Although, you might want to try direct messages on Twitter next time, he did request to follow you, after all.

And if you went completely insane and just decided to spill everything in a attempting to be lighthearted but actually really emotional email about how you liked him (yes, in the past tense, because using the present tense after years of no communication, would sound really pathetic), and still he didn't reply, it's probably because he changed email addresses.

Maybe you should just give up on digital means, and just go straight to be old-fashioned snail mail, because you're pretty sure he still lives with his parents, if not his parents will probably forward it to him. Except you actually don't know where he lives and you forgot to bring a copy of your yearbook.

Well, it's a good thing you're moving back now.

I should probably stop using you and start using me.

Yes, I was that stupid. Yes, I was that pathetic. Yes, I should probably get over him.

The Crush of Your Life - sort of like The Love of Your Life, who is a person you want to spend the rest of your life with, of course, that is if said person would reply to your messages.

Well, I'm moving back and he can't physically avoid me forever. It is unfortunate though that he doesn't check in as much on Facebook as he should.

It's cruel to think that even with all the different social media providing means of communication and connection, we can still be so disconnected.