#WelcomeHome

Nathaniel

"Welcome home," I told her.

"Like that Coheed and Cambria song?" she asked.

I thought about it for a while, and nodded.

"You could've been all I wanted, But you weren't honest, Now get in the ground," I remembered the lyrics.

"I should plan a welcome back party for you."

"It doesn't have to be a party. It can be just us and Tia and whoever is left from the squad and some really good food."

Tia...

"Are you and Tia...?" she added and trailed, because I already know the continuation of that sentence. Because it's the same question Mich asks every time we met after she found out that I started to like Tia.

I think she is quite relieved by it, because her pathetic friend with that silly crush on her finally moved on.

But then, now he's crushing on another friend.

And that amuses her.

"No," I deadpanned.

She rolled her eyes. "But it's been years..." she said dramatically. It has actually only been a year.

"No. I'm not saying anything. I already tried that. It didn't work out too well, remember?" I poked her arm.

She waved me away and replied, "Well, it's different this time. She always had a crush on you. She actually likes you."

"While you really don't," I deadpanned again. "But if you really loved me,
You would've endured my world," Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria sang in my head.

She took a really long sip of her coffee.

"You moved on," she replied, finally, with a shrug. "Guys are so much better than girls. Because you guys can face the facts and move one, while we, girls, we never move on."

I smirked. "One last kiss for you, One more wish to you, Please make up your mind girl... I'd do anything for you," Claudio continued.

"So Tia..." she continued again. She really refuses to give up sometimes, which was endearing back when I liked her, but now, she can be a little annoying.

"So him..." I retorted.

She twitched.

She would throw the remains of her coffee and mine on me if I mentioned his name.

"He's fine," she glared at me.

And that amuses me.

Well, she always amuses me.

"One last kiss for you, One more wish to you, Please make up your mind girl... Before I hope you die," Claudio finished.