#ManOfYourDreams

Tia

I splash my face with cold water to forget the dream.

It's strange, dreaming about one guy and in that dream pretending that he was some other guy. So was I fantasizing about the first guy or the second guy.

Fuck noises?

I splash some more water on my face.

But according to Jake, I was screaming Nathaniel's name. I remember that exact moment that I did that. It's so vivid, it feels almost real. But it's not.

So that also means that Jake never told me that he loved me either. And I don't know. I feel a little disappointed about that part.

Did I secretly want Jake to tell me that he loved me?

Dreams are so confusing.

Nathaniel

"Hey, I never asked you how you are," I said after we spent the last hour or so talking about my problems.

"I'm fine," she replied.

"Really? You've come to terms with him getting married?" I asked. She was quite a mess when I dropped her off at her place the other day.

"I don't know," she answered. "Actually, I think that I built this image of him. Like an imaginary him. The man-of-my-dreams him. But that person, that thing. That's not actually him. That thing was more of a culmination of everything that I want from a significant other."

"Thing, huh."

"Sometimes I regret meeting the real him again," she said. "Because if he didn't reply to my email then I could continue living in my fantasy. Imaginary him is so much better. Because I actually have a shot at imaginary him, while I can only get a wedding invite from the real him."

"So are you going to his wedding?"

"I haven't RSVP-ed yet. I don't actually know if I'll still be here by then."

"Here? Why? Where are you going?"

"I just don't plan my life that far ahead."

"But you do think of leaving?"

"Maybe," she replied ominously.

Michelle

Sometimes I wish I could live in a dream and never wake up.