#TheBallIsInYourCourt

Tia

Monday

Nate didn't text me, or call me, or Facebook message, or tweet me after Church on Sunday.

It's already Monday.

I'm  starting to doubt myself. Maybe last Sunday was just all a dream. Maybe  he didn't actually face my father, take his stupid Bible Quiz and pass.

Or maybe he did, but he backed out. Maybe he realized that I wasn't worth the effort.

Or maybe she said something to him on their way home.

Maybe she told him that she changed her mind, that she actually wants him now.

I know that becoming more than friends is a big step. But I was hoping that he would finally meet me halfway.

So why hasn't he texted me yet? Why aren't we more than friends yet?

Wednesday

It's already Wednesday and still nothing from Nate.
  I considered talking Mich about it, maybe she can give him another  push. After all, she was the one who convinced him to take that stupid  quiz in the first place.
I texted Mich, "Want to meet for lunch? I  need someone to talk to." Making it less obvious that I needed to talk  to specifically her.
She replied, "Should I invite Nate?"
I didn't think she'd suggest inviting Nate, because his office is not even in our area.
"No, that's okay," I replied.
"Okay, see you later then."

"So... we are here to talk about Nate, huh," Mich asked with an eyebrow raised.
I grinned embarrassingly.
"You are so predictable," she added.
"He hasn't asked me out yet," I stated.
She just nodded, waiting for me to continue.
"It's been four days."
She laughed.
"He didn't even text me, call, leave a Facebook message, or anything," I continued, fueling Mich's laughter.
"Well..." she said when she finally had enough.
  "Well?" I asked, waiting for her solution. She seems to think that she  has a solution for everything. If there is a challenge, she is up for  it.
"Maybe you should ask him out."
"What?"
"I don't get why we still have to be so... traditional," she said, putting an emphasis on "traditional" as if it's a disease or something.
I just looked at her, I know she wants to continue without my interruption.
"Why can't a girl ask a guy out? I
mean, are we just supposed to wait?" she continued on her campaign.
  "And why does the guy get to decide which girl to pursue? More often  than not, the girl doesn't even like the guy. She can either go on a  stupid date, or she can continue waiting."
Mich is not done yet. I feel she has a lot to say about this issue.
  "While the guy she actually likes is asking some other girl on a date,  which she might accept because she likes him or because she's tired of  waiting. All the while, the guy she likes is-"
I stopped her right there, "I get it, it's a cruel and vicious cycle that we need to put a stop to."
She smiled at me.
"You should ask Nate out then," she said, emphasizing her point.
"No."
"Why not?"
"People elsewhere might think that's fine, but not here."
She pouted. She actually pouted. She hates it when I use the our bubble argument.
  "Besides, I know thag Nate likes me, I mean, why else will he take that  Bible Quiz?" I asked. "Do not tell me, because you forced him to," I  warned Mich.
"Yes, I did convince him to, but it's only because I know what he feels about you, and I think he just needed that extra push."
There she said what I wanted to hear.
"There, go give him another push."
She grinned, and replied, "With pleasure."

-

"So why didn't you ask him out?" I asked, genuinely curious, and not just teasing Mich.

"I did," was all she replied.

I looked at her, waiting for her to continue, but it looks like she doesn't want to say anything more about it.

"You don't mind, do you?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Mind what?"

"Nate and me?"

"Nate and I," Mich corrected, always the stickler.

"Nate and I," I repeated.

She shook her head. "Why should I mind?"

"I don't know..." Because he used to be yours? You never really wanted him, but you kept him on a leash anyway?

"I can't wait for you guys to finally... finally be together," she said.

"Me too."