#GirlfriendBeforeGirlSpaceFriend

Nathaniel

"Is that how you and Tia got to be so close?" she asked. "Because I wasn't around making all the conversations about me?"

I laughed. "We actually talked about you a lot when you were gone."

She frowned, "You talk about me behind my back?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You were the only thing Tia and I really had in common."

"And now you two have each other, and I'm just a third wheel," she said. She sounded disappointed.

"I haven't told my parents about Tia, because I want to make sure that... I don't ruin things first."

"As long as you always put Tia first, then you'd be okay," she said reassuringly.

Do I put Tia first? Before Michelle?

I have to admit that I didn't use to. But I guess, since one of them is my girlfriend, and the other still wants nothing to do with me... I should just forget about the other one.

"Even if that means putting you second?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I don't think we should be doing this anymore," I said as I raised my beer can at her.

"Okay, no more drinking on the couch-"

"Actually, no more hanging out with you," I corrected.

I can see her starting to say 'what', but she stopped herself.

"Okay then," she said instead. "And you don't have to be my ride anymore, I can take a taxi," she added.

And I nodded.

Michelle

"Does this mean that we're not friends anymore?" I asked.

And he shrugged.

I understand that he is doing this for Tia, and I basically told me too. But somehow I feel like I'm being dumped.

"Okay then. Well, I'll see you when I see you," I said.

He nodded.

"I'm sorry about him though," he said.

"That's okay. Actually his girlfriend invited me to play board games with them. Hey, maybe I could be their third wheel," I said. "Bye."

I know I've never actually been in a relationship with him. Or Nate.

But somehow I feel like I've been dumped twice today. And it sucks.