#SomeoneYouLoveOrSomeoneWhoLovesYou

Nathaniel

I wanted to wait up for Tia, but somehow I fell asleep on the couch with my TV still on.

I woke up to see a familiar face inches away from mine. It's not who I expected though.

"Good morning, Tia," I greeted.

Mich used to wake me up that way. Our maid had began letting her into our house and my room after her repeated breakfast visits. Sometimes, I would still be in bed, and she thought it would be funny to wake me up in the most uncomfortable manner.

"Hey," she replied. "I'm sorry, you shouldn't have waited up for me."

"What time is it?" I could feel the daylight coming in from the full-length windows behind me.

"10 ish," she answered. "I'm sorry you didn't get to eat a proper dinner," she noted the empty cup noodle bowl on the coffee table.

"Did you eat?" I asked.

She shook her head, and replied, "I'm actually starving."

I quickly got up, "I'll make you breakfast. Pancakes okay?"

One of the things I like about this place is its full kitchen, complete with an oven for baking. I used to love baking cookies and cakes. I haven't done that in a while though.

Tia

"I love pancakes," I answered as I watched Nathaniel take flour, milk and other raw ingredients out. "Are you making them from scratch?"

"Wouldn't have it any other way," he replied with a smile.

Gosh, I love that smile.

He served me a stack of pancakes with a melting piece of butter and maple syrup.

"A relative visited from Canada," he explained.

I took a big bite and it was heavenly. I think I'm in love...

"This is delicious," I said in between bites with probably a pretty goofy smile on my face.

"So how was work?" he asked.

"Crisis averted. People didn't lose their money," I said.

I develop and maintain  banking systems, while Nathaniel data mines for gambling purposes and Michelle makes video games. I guess it's pretty obvious who has the most adult job. Sadly, that doesn't translate well salary wise. I really don't understand why Mich can make so much money, when she makes absolutely no contribution to society.

"You're amazing," he said with a smile. "By the way, you should try my angel's food cake. Now, that's something."

Nathaniel

I baked and angel's food cake for Mich once and she ate it with an eyebrow raised the whole time.

"Shouldn't you have a devil's food cake instead?" she asked. "Since you seem to think I am a devil and all. And it would have been chocolate."

She loves chocolate.

-

"I didn't know you baked," Tia said.

I just shrugged.

"You know, I wasn't sure before that you loved me," Tia started. "But now I'm sure."

Now I feel guilty about thinking about another girl.

"Why would you say that?" I asked. I did tell her I loved her first.