#Clueless

Michelle

Nate ignored my call! The nerve! It must be Tia. Where are they again? Right, that board game cafe. We'll see if they can ignore me in real life.

Wait! Why am I getting worked up about them?

Right, because Nate is being a horrible friend right now. Yup, that's all. This isn't a Clueless, Cher just realized that she likes Josh moment.

Oh, and this Josh and Tai thing was wigging me more than anything. I mean, what was my problem? Tai is my pal, I don't begrudge her a boyfriend. What does she want with Josh, anyway? He dresses funny, he listens to complaint rock, he's not even cute... in a conventional way. I mean, he's just like this slug who hangs around the house all the time. And he's a hideous dancer, I couldn't take him anywhere. Wait a second, what am I stressing about? This is like, Josh! OK, OK, so he's kind of a Baldwin, but what would he want with Tai? She couldn't make him happy. Josh needed someone with imagination, someone to take care of him, someone to laugh at his jokes... in case he ever makes any. Then suddenly... Oh my god, I love Josh. I am majorly, totally, butt-crazy in love with Josh -Cher, Clueless

Yup, it's not that moment.

Sure, there are similarities between Cher and I. Like the Tai (hey, Tia's name is like Tai's name with the letters A and I rearranged) is with Josh (not that Nate is my ex-step brother, but I do hang out with him a lot) thing.

But I'm not butt crazy in love with Nate. And that's not me being in denial.

I'm still obsessed with him.

Although now that he's talking to me again and we are hanging out with his girlfriend. I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not in love with him, but the idea of him.

You know sometimes how you put someone on a pedestal and they start becoming less of a person and more of an idea. An idea that can be perfect in a way that people in real life can't be.

Tia

"You know what, you can still be friends with her," I told Nate. "I'm still friends with her. Besides we are not going to be those couples that just ignore all their friends once they start dating."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," I affirmed.

"I trust you," I said firmly.

"And whatever you felt about her that's all in the past, right?" I phished.

And besides she didn't like you then, she probably still doesn't like you now, I added silently. Because if she did feel anything for you then she wouldn't have helped you with the Bible Quiz or encouraged you to finally be with me.

Right?

She's not going to suddenly realize that she has feelings for Nate, right? After seeing us happy together.

"You don't have to worry about her," he said.

"She doesn't have eyes for anyone else." Kind of like you, for the longest time. "You should call her back. Invite her to have dinner with us," I said, extending an olive branch.

"Okay," he said, as he picked up his phone.

And if she did have any feelings for Nate, seeing the two of us happy together, would snuff it out.

Michelle

Tia's calling me? I thought they were still on their date and do not want to be disturbed?

"Hi, Tia? How's your date?" I asked her as I picked up her call. Are you calling to tell me how much fun you are having without me and then rubbing it in my face?

"Great," she replied. "Actually, would you like to join us for dinner? It's been a while since we all hang out.

"Wait, what? Really? You want to rub it in my face in real life?

"Sure," I answered. "Where should I meet you guys? Should I call your colleague- what's her name? And make it a double date?" I couldn't resist adding.

"No. Just you," she replied tightly. "She's busy," she added as an excuse.

"Sure. I'll see you two soon," I said. Not really knowing what to expect.

Maybe I am a little clueless, right now.