#PreDate

Michelle

I told Tia that I'd give Nate the push. She asked if I was okay with it, and I answered, "Why should I mind?" Even though, I do mind. A little.

I mean, it's true, Nate's not mine or anything, but he's my backup.

I'm not quite sure if Nate told Tia told he's like my permanent ride to and from the office. If she did, maybe it's me that should be asking if she minds.

"I had lunch with Tia today," I started.

"Really? And you didn't invite me?" he asked.

"No. Can't really. Because she wanted to talk to me about you."

"What about me?"

"Um... it's Wednesday, already."

"I know."

"It's been half a week since you know, you got her father's blessings."

"I know."

"And?"

He laughed, and said, "I don't know what you want me to say, Mich."

"Why haven't you asked her out yet?"

He laughed again, and replied with another question, "She asked you to ask me to ask her out?"

I laughed at the roundabout connection.

"Why haven't you?" I asked again.

"I want to make sure I have everything planned out-"

Good answer, Nate. "So is everything planned out?"

"Almost," he said with a smile.

Nate loves planning things, surprises. I can tell that he's feeling good about himself, but to be honest, he is taking way too long.

-

"Here," Nate handed me a couple of bills.

"What is this?" I asked as I took the bills from him.

"For your taxi ride home," he replied.

"Oh."

"I have a date with Tia tonight," he added.

"Oh," I replied, with a different, more curious intonation.

He grinned at me, and said, "Have fun at work," signalling me to get out of his car, we had already arrived at the driveway of my office building.

"Thanks," I said, even though I wasn't quite sure what I was thanking him for.

The doorman closed the door for me, before Nate could say another word. Not that he was going to say anything else.

Nate on a date with Tia- that's interesting.

I fanned myself with the bills. Hmm... I can get myself a cup of overpriced coffee...