#PastorsWife

Michelle

"So Tia and Nate are finally together," I told my mom.

"Good for them. But I thought Tia has to date a Protestant, preferably a pastor?" my mom asked.

Yes, Tia did mention that about her father's ideal boyfriend for her. But a pastor our age? That's not that easy to come by.

Actually, I know two, from my high school. I relayed that information to my mom.

"Remember David? He was a year higher than me and he was really smart and super nice," I told my mom.

David was actually the one that got led me to Computer Science. He invited me to join the Computer Club even though recruitment week was over months ago and I didn't sign up for it. Of course, there was a reason for that. Their club was joining some website making contest and they needed a front end programmer, and lucky for them I was such a publicly web geeky teenager.

"He's actually studying to become a pastor now," I added.

My mom made a face, "Yes, he is nice. But his mother."

I laughed. It's funny when your parent makes comments about your friend's parent.

"His mother is a bit controlling," I said.

"A bit? She's the reason he never dare step out of line," my mother replied. "You know relationships are not just about the guy. Never forget about the mother-in-law. You wouldn't want her breathing down your neck about every speck of dust she finds in your future house."

I nodded. Nope, wouldn't want that.

"So what about the other pastor?" my mom asked.

The other pastor is Paul, who I actually also met in Computer Club. He was also a front end programmer.

"He's gay," I answered. He suggested that we go for a nature but more floral motif for our website, which I obviously shot down.

"Oh."

Oh. Lucky for Tia that her father tolerates Nate's requirements.