#ProfessorCourtshipGuaranteesAnA

Michelle

When Tia and Nate was briefly together way back then, our professor Dan, who had a thing for Tia actually sort of blamed me for not accepting Nate.

I was the messenger that told Dan about Tia and Nate's thing, and then Dan spent a week getting drunk. And he told me that he even tempted to punch Nate's face in. But of course, he didn't do that. Because professors can't punch their students.

Well, professors actually can't have a thing for their students either.

I was also the messenger that told Dan's mom about his thing for Tia.

I attended an out of town conference with Dan and his mom went with us for support. And then his mom and I skipped the conference after I was done with my talk, and then we went on a city excursion together. She sort of knew already though, I just confirmed it.

It's funny how Dan seems to think that if Tia hadn't ended up with Nate then, she'd end up with him.

As far as I know, Tia didn't really like him. She just really appreciated him for helping her do her thesis.

While I appreciated his thing for Tia, because I'm the friend to bribe, he bribed me with an A for his class, even though I spent a lot of time snoozing.

"Dan said that I should've accepted Nate back then and then he'd have a shot with you," I told Tia.

She laughed. "But we broke up briefly after. And he wouldn't have a shot still."

"That's what I thought."

"Dating a professor is unethical," she said. Right, it's Tia we're talking about. Things are either black or white.

"But after we graduated?"

"Still."

"But his house has a pool and his mom makes the best brownies and his family is loaded," I spoke for him.

I mean, my house has a pool too, but I'm sharing it with the rest of the people in my building. While, Dan's pool is literally in his backyard. And his mom would always bake brownies when he has his people over. And his dad is a CEO in a multinational company.

"Why would you be at his house?" she asked.

Good question.

Oh because we had attempted to start our own game company. But then that Tia and Nate thing got in the way. And then things got awkward.

"That game company we attempted and failed," I replied.

"Oh, and then you left the country."

"Yup."