#VacayWithTheCrushOfYourLifeAndHisGF

Michelle

"So you fly back and forth often?" he had asked.

"Yup. For now," I replied.

"Cool. Actually, can I come with? The next time you go back?" he asked. "My mom went there the other time and said the food is great," he added.

Um yah, of course.

"Sure," I replied, happily.

But then it wasn't just him. It was him, his girlfriend, his little brother and his little brother's mother (yes, not his mother, who had previously been. I actually didn't know that his brother had another mother, who happened to be Filipino, and most likely not married to his dad).

So obviously it's going to be awkward.

The most awkward though has to be this: so his girlfriend is in the bathroom (hopefully sound proof), while his lil bro's mom (I don't think she's his stepmom, because I think his dad and his actual mom are still together) and I are lining up outside, and obviously we would make casual conversation.

And so she asked me, what any other Asian moms would ask: "Do you have a boyfriend?"

In my head, I replied, "No. Because your... (not entirely sure how to address their relationship) he has a girlfriend and she's just beyond that door." Aloud, I just replied, "No."

But thankfully, before she can, like any other Asian mom, suggest that she introduce some son or some friend's son to me, the girlfriend comes out, ending our brief conversation.

And then later on, his girlfriend wanted to find matching couple sun glasses, which is cute if you weren't pathetically crushing on the boyfriend.

I think I spent more time talking to his little brother about DSLR cameras than him. I discovered that his lil bro who is still in high school is part of his school paper. And a bunch of other stuff that I pretended to be interested in.

We all shared a stick of candied strawberries though, and has a picture to prove it. That was sort of cute.

Vacay with the crush of my life and his GF and his strange family – not a good idea.

I need to hit the beach for an actual vacay.