#HomeWrecker

Nathaniel

"But hey, it's better to have loved and lost, right?" she said, trying to cheer me up.

"You always knew that we were going to break up, didn't you?"

"I suppose," she answered. "But I thought that I'd be the reason for the breakup. I know I am so full of myself."

"You really are," I agreed. One thing that I like about her is that she knows exactly who she is and what kind of awful person she is. "But you're not far off."

"I think it's easier to get over a breakup than an unrequited love," she said instead. "I know, based on experience. The unrequited love part. I've never been broken up with."

I smirked.

"You'd need to trick someone into actually being in a relationship you first."

"And that is so hard, because I am so unappealing," she added sarcastically.

"No, you're not," I said. "You're just a terrible person."

"Great," she exclaimed. "And here I am trying to make you feel better."

"Hey, don't take it so personally, Mich."

"You see, then there wouldn't be any what-ifs. She wouldn't wonder what it would be like to be your girlfriend, to kiss you, to do whatever else you guys have done. Instead, she'd just look back and think of you as just an ex. A regular ex. And not as the one that got away."

Michelle

"Every boyfriend is the one, until otherwise proven," sang Marina and the Diamonds in my head.

"She's not the one that got away," he said suddenly as he looked at me meaningfully.

"Oh, I meant, you. For her," I responded quickly. "But I guess love never happens like you think it really should," I said, quoting Marina.

"I guess not," he agreed.

"So what do you plan to do now?" I asked.

"It's barely been a day. I don't think I can move on that fast."

"How do you think she's doing?"

"I don't want to think about it. It'll just make me feel like a bigger asshole."

"At least you own up to being an asshole."

"Ha ha," he mock laughed.

"You never did answer my question though." Is Tia someone he loves or someone who loves him?

"Which question?"

"Do you love Tia? As in really. Not the platonic stuff or the physical attraction-"

"But deep down all you want is love, The pure kind we all dream of", Marina continued.

Nathaniel

"Yes," I answered, because I don't want her to know my real answer.

Tia had always been the nice one, the honest one. Thou shall not lie, her Bible says.

While Mich has always been the evil one, fiercely determined to get rid of anyone that stands in her way, no matter the consequences.

Tia has always been patient, waiting in the background, while Mich commanded everything around her, around us. Mich was always the one running the show, the one that always gets what she wants. Leaving Tia with the scraps.

I guess, leaving Tia with me. I was a bone that she tossed away, and Tia eagerly took.

I think Tia, in the back of her head, always doubted my feelings for her.

She could never shake the thought that the only reason that I'd be with her, is because Mich rejected me over and over again, until I finally accepted it. I have to admit, part of it is true.

If Mich, gave me even the slightest chance, I don't think I'd take notice of anyone else, even our girl best friend that has always, always been there.

I guess, because Mich has always been the one.

Michelle

Instead of love and trust and laughter
What you get is happy never after