#FightOrFlight

Tia

"I had enough of this, I'm leaving," she said as she dramatically got up and left.

Fight or flight, they say. Michelle always chooses flight.

While I choose to fight. To fight for what is mine.

I remember Jake telling me, "Tell her: stay the hell away from my boyfriend."

"I can't say 'hell'," I commented.

"Heck, then," he replied.

And that's what I did. I told her to stay the heck away from my boyfriend, and then she left. So I consider this fight a win.

I have another fight though. To fight for love.

I asked Cosmo for the address to Nate's new condo.

It was one of those fancy places with a guard at the reception who needs to confirm visitors before they issue them key cards to go upstairs. Is that why Nate wanted to give me a card.

I stood idly as the guard talked to Nate on the intercom, spoiling my surprise visit.

The guard then hang up and led me to the elevator, where he promptly swiped a key card and punch the floor number. Thankfully, he left me to go up by myself. For a moment, i thought he would escort me all the way to his door. Then that would truly ruin my surprise.

As soon as Nate opened the door, I told him, "I love you." Then without giving him a chance to reply, I wrapped him in an embrace and then I kissed him.

Thank goodness, he kissed me back. He closed the door behind me, our lips still locked.

Then I took cues from that Harlequin novel Mich made me read way back then. I tasted him, it was strange but pleasant, and I wanted more of him.

I fell on top of him onto the sofa, and my hands were all over him, fumbling his buttons. My lips left his to trail kisses on his neck towards his now bare chest. I silently thanked Michelle for inspiring him to go to the gym.

Maybe it was because how right this feels, or what's left of the six pack that Jake made me finish for liquid courage...

"Tia," he said softly.

When my hands reached his pants, he suddenly sat up and then pushed me away.

What had I been doing? I should cover my face in embarrassment, but I don't feel embarrassed. I'm probably blushing but that's because it's so hot in here.

"Have you been drinking?" he asked.

"I do," I replied instead. "I will move in with you," I straightened my self a bit. "You said there was three bedrooms right? So one, we sleep in different rooms. And two, despite what just happened, no sex."

He looked surprised, and then he cleared his throat, and said, "Okay, then. No sex? I need a cold shower then. And we're not keeping alcohol in the house, if that's it's effect on you." He smirked playfully and then got up from the sofa. "Make yourself at home. I'll be right back."

And then he went into his room. I think he actually did go get a cold shower. And I blushed at the effect that I had on him.

Nathaniel

As I drenched myself in cold water, reminiscing about Tia, another girl crossed my mind.

She was sitting on my couch like she always does, and fanning herself dramatically. And then she'll say, "That's hot. But dial it back a bit, buddy."

I wonder what changed Tia's mind.

To be honest, I really wasn't planning to ask her to move in. But like Mich said, that escalated quickly.

But it may not be such a bad thing.

Tia

I looked around Nate's new condo. It looks nice. It looks like someone had a shopping spree at Crate and Barrel and packed everything up.

"It's a shame live-in is frowned upon," I remembered Michelle saying.

Michelle... I thought, as I looked around the living room. That sinking feeling is back.

Then Nate came back, freshly showered and smelling wonderful.

"Nice place," I commented.

"Thanks," he replied. "Do you want to check out your room? It doesn't have bedding or curtains yet though. Mich said you'd might like to pick them out yourself."

Mich...

"So did she...?" I pointed around the living room.

"Yes, she picked the furniture and stuff. But I picked that," he pointed at the only bachelor pad thing about his living room- a giant flat screen TV. "And of course that," he pointed at the Playstation I gave him last Christmas.

Also known as the biggest and most expensive gift I have ever given anyone, family members included. And we weren't even dating then. How will I up my game this time?

"Do you want to grab dinner?" he asked. "Or we can order pizza."

"I actually need to get back to work," I said sadly. "I'm on server babysitting duty with Jake."

"Jake?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Relax, he's more into you than he's into me."

"Right."

"Do you want to go back to work with me? We're actually just hanging out and praying that nothing goes wrong."

"Sure. Why not?" he answered.