#Circles

Tia

Google Plus tried to model real life by introducing Circles. It makes a lot of sense, because I have different circles of friends: my family and cousins, my church friends, my work friends, Laura, my friends from college -Mich and the squad, Nate, and the miscellaneous friends I made in the different high schools I have attended.

And with each of these circles, I guess, I'm not quite the same.

I even give tell them different names, so I'd know where I know them from. To my family, I'm Cookie (like the Monster); to my work friends and my college friends (including Mich and the squad, and Nate), I'm Tia (which is actually a name I made up); for each high school I attended I had a different name, Francesca (my actual name) and its variations: Chesca, Frankie and Ces.

We are after all, different people to different people.

To my family and cousins and my church friends, I am the nice, sweet daughter, cousin, sister (in our Church, we address each other as sisters and brothers).

At work, I am driven and devoted. Even though some people (Nate, Mich and Gemma) thinks that I am too devoted. To the point that they think that I'm in an abusive relationship. So I'd have to go back to work after dinner and then spend the rest of the night there, but it's because we are deploying our system and they need me to be there.

My friends from college and high school think that I'm a good friend.

Aries are good friends, they always look out for their friends with caring and generosity and will protect them should the need arise and encourage them with their natural optimism. – Zodiac Signs Astrology Website

But I'm not nice, not really. I'm not selfless and I'm not really the best friend either.

I just act the way I do, because that how I want the people from those Circles to see me.

But Laura saw me. Saw the real me, behind all the pretend. And then she stopped talking to me.

That's why I'm sure that I must keep my Circles separate.