#Friendzone

Tia

I have to admit, I had always had a crush on Nate, even before we became friends.

There was just something about the way he talked, the way he smiled, even the way he shrugged, that made me feel so safe. I somehow know that he's someone that I can count on, someone who will never let me down.

She had said that those were the qualities of the perfect guy best friend. And he should always remain just a guy best friend. Because apparently guy best friends are hard to come by.

I don't think that guy best friends are hard to come by though. But I do think that guy best friends, who makes my heart beat a little faster and blush a little deeper is hard to come by.

I have had crushes before. But they were all pretty superficial in a way. Because I never had the courage to talk to them.

Nate is different, because I can talk to him about anything, and I do. And I can always count on him to always be there for me.

But he liked her, and never saw me as anything more than a friend.

Friendzone - a platonic relationship wherein one person wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not.

It's a good thing that she never thought of him as anything more than a friend either.

There is hope for me yet.