#BabysittingServers

Nathaniel

"So this is the boyfriend," Tia's colleague said as he looked at me from head to toe.

"Jake, Nathaniel. Nathaniel, Jake," Tia introduced.

"You can call me Nate."

"I like Nathaniel," Tia commented.

I looked at Tia's desk cluttered with empty beer cans, and said with an eyebrow raised, "So this is what you do at work, huh."

"It's not like you didn't have beer Fridays at your old job," she replied as she picked up the cans.

"Trust me, you don't want to be stuck in a meeting with all your bosses red-faced and smelling of alcohol," I replied as I helped her pick up the rest of the cans. "So what do you do when you're on babysitting duty?"

"Not much," she replied. "Pray that nothing goes wrong?"

"Mostly we just look at our respective phones, ignoring each other," Jake added.

"Can you play board games?" I asked.

"That's actually not a bad idea," Tia said. But then her phone rang.

She checked it and then promptly sat down and began typing rapidly. And Jake followed her suit. It's game time.

Tia with her face slightly scrunched up in concentration looks very attractive to me.

"I'll leave you to it then?" I asked finally.

She nodded, without even bothering to face me.

"Oh right," I said as I took Tia's key card from my wallet and placed it next to her keyboard. "I'll see you later then," I said as I kissed the top of her head.

Jake turned to face me, and then staring at me intently, he said, "It was nice meeting you, Nathaniel." Tia's probably right about Jake's crush on me.

I waved and left them to it.