#AndTheyLivedUnhappilyEverAfter

Michelle

I didn't talk to either Tia and Nate for weeks.

Not that Tia bothered to call me or text me either.

But Nate... I guess, he eventually stopped when I stopped replying.

Until he showed up at my office building's lobby one day, with a box of Raffaelo Ferrero chocolates- his way of saying sorry of anything and everything.

Not that he has anything to feel sorry for. It's funny, he said the same thing to me.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi."

"I heard from Cosmo that you're moving away again."

"Yes."

I am moving away again. This time, I wanted to be low key, so I didn't bother telling much people. Including him. And Nathaniel.

"Were you planning to tell me?" he asked.

"Eventually," I replied.

"Why are you leaving?" he asked. "Is it because of him? Because he is getting married?"

For once, I think I am finally over him.

The Crush of My Life is getting married. And I'm okay with it. I'm okay as long as he's happy. Even if it's with someone else.

I laughed, and replied, "No, of course not."

"I feel like I just needed a change," I answered after a beat.

"Why do you feel the constant need for change? Is it because you are not happy?"

I replied honestly, "I don't know. I don't think anyone is really happy with who and where they are. I'm not particularly happy. But I'm not unhappy either. Does that make sense? What about you? Are you happy?"

He shook his head, "No. Currently I'm not. But I want to be."

Nathaniel

The One That Literally Got Away is moving away again.

"Can I convince you to stay?" I asked helplessly.

"I don't think so," she replied.

And there is nothing I can do to stop it.

"You can come visit though," she offered. "But tell me about it this time," she added with a knowing smile.

Michelle

And they lived unhappily ever after.

Why?

Because that's what really happened, and real life is unfortunately not a fairy tale.