#LyingIsTheMostFunAGirlCanHaveWithoutTakingHerClothesOff

Nathaniel

"Is it okay that I don't tell my parents about the moving in situation?" Tia asked as she was getting out of the car.

"What will you tell them about not going home?"

"I spent so many nights at the office, they wouldn't suspect a thing," she answered, surprisingly.

"I thought you are not a fan of lying," I replied.

"I'm not," she said with her sweetest smile.

You're not a fan of lying or you don't think you're lying? I asked myself silently.

"Okay. Well, I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked. Tomorrow is Church Sunday. Sundays had always been our family day, but since Tia's situation with Ben from Praise and Worship, I had been showing up regularly.

"See you," she said and then she leaned in to kiss me on the mouth. There was a twinkle in her eye that makes me think that she wanted more, but someone might see.

Who is this girl and what has she done with my Tia? My reliable and predictable Tia.

Tia

That car ride made me feel better, even though all we did was talk. I had always liked talking to Nathaniel. Aside from being my boyfriend, he's also my best friend.

Oh and he held my hand the whole ride down. That was reassuring too. And so subtly romantic.

I feel different. I feel bolder.

"Actually, let's go on a road trip," I said as I got back into the car.

"You're skipping practice? And sleep?" he asked.

"We can just get coffee, and besides I'm not really sleepy anymore." Actually I am quite tired, but I'm running on adrenaline, and I don't want this day to end yet.

"Okay then. Let's check spontaneous road trip off our relationship bucket list," he replied with a smile. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that smile.

"What would you pick?," I asked. "Someone you love or someone who loves you?"

"I pick you," he answered.

So which am I? Someone you love or someone who obviously love you?

"Both," he added. "Because I'm lucky that they're the same person."

"I guess that means I am too," I replied.

Nathaniel

Tia's mom called her and she picked up, "Sorry, I got caught up in something. I can't make it to practice today."

Caught up in something? I raised an eyebrow at her, she saw and she responded by raising our hands that are still linked together.

"Okay, I love you mom. I'll see you later," she replied and then hang up.

"So..." I trailed.

"So... what?" she asked feigning innocence.

"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off, huh," I commented, referencing a Panic! At the Disco song.

She looked confused.

"It's the title of a song," I explained. "Wait," I let go of her hand and then browsed through my phone's music, and played it. It's been a while since my emo phase, but I still revisit it every once in a while.

Is it still me that makes you sweat? Am I who you think about in bed? Brendon Urie sang.

Tia

When the lights are dim and your hands are shaking as you're sliding off your dress? The singer sang.

I looked at Nathaniel as he kept his eyes on the road and continued driving.

I've got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better fuck
Than any boy you'll ever meet, sweetie you had me
Girl I was it, look past the sweat, a better love deserving of
Exchanging body heat in the passenger seat?
No, no, no, you know it will always just be me

I find myself closing my eyes as I imagined being with Nathaniel. I continued the scenario in my head, where he didn't take a cold shower and I didn't have to go back to work.

I drifted off to sleep as the lyrics rang in my head.

Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,
Will you dance to this beat, and hold a lover close?

Nathaniel

I glanced to see that Tia has fallen asleep, she must have been tired from working all night. I turned the music down so not to disturb her.

I can't believe I lied straight to her face.

But she had said the wrong answer. She had wanted both. She wanted me to be the one who loves her. While I just want to be with someone who loves me.

Unfortunately it's not the first lie I told on Tia's account, remembering my parents and all my other Chinese relatives and what they thought about my perfect Chinese girlfriend.